corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Xbox One

New Poll
  <<  9    10    11    12    13    14    15  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Xbox One
Brett
Premium Member

User status: Offline
21st Jun 13 at 09:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
What are you going to miss now these changes are in Brett?

I didn't say I was going to miss anything? To answer tho, personally, nothing, either way would've suited what I do just fine, but the benefits for others seemed apparant. Saying that, discless gaming would've been nice for myself, save me swapping, although from reading it looks like you can still download them on release day so maybe I'd do that. It also would've meant these weirdos who take their xbox on holiday could've saved space in their suitcase by not taking the discs. Allowing others to share and gift your games was also novel, which as far as I could tell would've meant being able to test out games cost free. I don't know if it's been effected, but the use of one live subscription for multiple accounts on one xbox was also a move that I liked.

There's other aspects as well that nobody's really mentioned. Lack of piracy, nobody getting something for nothing when you're paying X amount. People are also forever moaning about cheaters and stuff like that, which the DRM would've stopped. No modding copies or anything like that, no more fucked up call of duties, everyone's legit, everyone's got a licensed copy running

Granted, the move mainly did seem to focus on stopping piracy and lining their pockets, but why not? I can't see the big deal in publishers making the money they deserve and restricting resales either really, big games cost big money.

Also, the 'spying' thing, hilarious At least you guys aren't being spied on now lol

Now if there's an article that states the above is still possible, great, link me to it.

Cue your generic straight face response As per, I didn't really want this to turn into a group vs Brett like usual, but oh well.

[Edited on 21-06-2013 by Brett]
Nath

21st Jun 13 at 09:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Blimey. Could always not buy it maybe? Just an idea though.
Brett
Premium Member

21st Jun 13 at 09:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
Blimey. Could always not buy it maybe? Just an idea though.

What? Is there something wrong with you? I'll be buying it regardless on release day.

I actually thought for a split second you might go ahead and shoot me down some how, you did ask the question after all, but again you've made a comment with no real substance Should've stuck with the straight face

[Edited on 21-06-2013 by Brett]
JonnyJ

21st Jun 13 at 09:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont like the idea of no disks. What are you meant to frisbee out the window in a fit of rage?
Brett
Premium Member

21st Jun 13 at 09:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I thought the controller was your choice of wall weapon Jonny?
Balling
Premium Member

21st Jun 13 at 09:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Brett
I didn't really want this to turn into a group vs Brett like usual, but oh well.
Aw, don't feel like that.

Brett
Premium Member

21st Jun 13 at 09:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just couldn't take another straight face from Nath mate I've got the Kleenex handy anyway.
Balling
Premium Member

21st Jun 13 at 09:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I feel for you, btw. Before the policy change people who didn't like the MS setup could just choose the PS4 and be done.

People who liked Xbox One better before are now fucked, which is a bit of a dick move on MS's part.

I wonder how many people had chosen Xbone over PS4 just for these features and are now reconsidering because of the change...

Nath

21st Jun 13 at 09:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are you ok Brett? It's Friday mate. Chin up.
Nath

21st Jun 13 at 09:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Balling
I wonder how many people had chosen Xbone over PS4 just for these features and are now reconsidering because of the change...

Just Brett and whoever wrote those articles. So about 3 people I reckon.
Steve
Premium Member

21st Jun 13 at 09:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Happy to get my penis out anytime for comparisons
Nath

21st Jun 13 at 09:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What one are you going to buy Steve?
Steve
Premium Member

21st Jun 13 at 10:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Genuinely don't know. Was ps4 until this change. Only thing tempting me to the ps4 now is the slight tech advantage, but iv read it won't make any difference you'd notice.

I prefer xbl and the xb controllers and the game launch titles are better.
JonnyJ

21st Jun 13 at 10:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I thought the controller was your choice of wall weapon Jonny?

Aye but im on my last one and its just about hanging in there, need to treat it lovingly.
Brett
Premium Member

21st Jun 13 at 10:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Balling, there's no feeling for me mate, if anyone actually read what I wrote, I couldn't give a fuck either way, I'm getting one

Nath, you can keep trying your best mate, you're just a nodder with no real opinion on anything or knowledge to back said opinion up
Steve
Premium Member

21st Jun 13 at 10:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone here feel for me?
Brett
Premium Member

21st Jun 13 at 10:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I feel for all of you, but mostly nath for being under the misconception that he's clever and somehow annoying me
JonnyJ

21st Jun 13 at 10:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Id quite like to race you on Grannyrismo Steve so buy a PS4 plz
Balling
Premium Member

21st Jun 13 at 10:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will be years until we see a Gran Turismo game for PS4 anyway.

Steve
Premium Member

21st Jun 13 at 10:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Still can't believe gt6 is a ps3 title
Steve
Premium Member

21st Jun 13 at 10:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In fact I'd say it beggars belief
Nath

21st Jun 13 at 10:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I feel for all of you, but mostly nath for being under the misconception that he's clever and somehow annoying me

You alright mate?
Brett
Premium Member

21st Jun 13 at 10:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fine and dandy Nath

I don't really get the whole joke with everyone feeling for me, chin up, am I ok, etc. enough for it to bother me tbh. You guys ask a question and I answer, it's you guys who've got hang ups with not being able to afford new games
Nath

21st Jun 13 at 10:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
Still can't believe gt6 is a ps3 title

Needed to be a launch title really. It's one of their biggest exclusives.
Nath

21st Jun 13 at 10:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Fine and dandy Nath

I don't really get the whole joke with everyone feeling for me, chin up, am I ok, etc. enough for it to bother me tbh. You guys ask a question and I answer, it's you guys who've got hang ups with not being able to afford new games

Good stuff. I dunno mate, got a bit weird there. I only really play COD and always buy new/pre-order. Was just a bit gay to not have the option of preowned.

[Edited on 21-06-2013 by Nath]

<<  9    10    11    12    13    14    15  >>

New Poll