corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Official: Playstation 4 Topic

New Poll
  <<  8    9    10    11    12    13    14  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Official: Playstation 4 Topic
Steve
Premium Member

User status: Offline
21st Oct 13 at 11:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You are slowly but surely turning into a PS4 fanboy balling
Balling
Premium Member

21st Oct 13 at 11:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not sure on the defining qualities of a fanboy opposed to just a fan, but I'm definitely the latter.

Steve
Premium Member

21st Oct 13 at 11:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Il probably be one soon anyway
Balling
Premium Member

21st Oct 13 at 11:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can I come spoon with you in your bed while we play PS4 on your 150" screen?

Steve
Premium Member

21st Oct 13 at 12:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sure
Balling
Premium Member

21st Oct 13 at 12:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

CorsaSport1.416v

21st Oct 13 at 20:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The new controller looks a bit "Mad catz" to me , still I didn't really like the ps3 controller , didn't seem to last long before the left analog stick stuck and it felt wrong in the hand. Also the ps3 never had a "chat" or "party" option so your conversations with pals got broadcast to everyone.hope they fix this
Balling
Premium Member

22nd Oct 13 at 07:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm yet to read a single negative point about the controller. Everyone who's tried it bangs on about the build quality and how great it is to use.

And you are mistaken, PS3 does indeed have a chat functionality, though only user-to-user, no party option.

PS4 will have party chat, which will even work with PS Vita for people playing remotely.

Balling
Premium Member

22nd Oct 13 at 07:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Incidently I wouldn't mind a Vita to play PS4, while the wife is using the TV or to bring PS4 games with me on the go.

Steve
Premium Member

22nd Oct 13 at 07:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

One thing I am concerened about is the controller, the PS3 controller is rubbish in terms of using the analog sticks compared to the 360, for me anyway.

I think the issue is they are too close together in the middle of the controller, the DS4 still seems to retain that layout, albeit slightly wider apart, so it may (or may not) be ok for me.
JonnyJ

22nd Oct 13 at 08:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

See i hate the Xbox controller. Far too chunky, don't like how the 4 buttons are positioned, don't like the triggers. Feels and looks like a toy you'd give to a 3 year old.

Must just be what you get used to.
mwg

22nd Oct 13 at 08:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've never liked the Xbox controller as well. Too bulky
Cavey

22nd Oct 13 at 08:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've always preffered the PS controller to the 360
CorsaSport1.416v

22nd Oct 13 at 19:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I much prefer the xbox controller , I like the "bulky" feel. Also the button layouts as standard on games like call of duty seem to use the top L1 and R1 buttons for aim and fire on the ps3 which feels awkward compared to the xbox controller, obviously you can change the layout but still...
Balling
Premium Member

22nd Oct 13 at 19:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So in summary, people prefer the controller they're used to? Shocking.

DannyB
Premium Member

22nd Oct 13 at 19:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I hope it feels as natural to hold as the PS3 controller, your hands just sort of fall in to the right shape, although if it was a little bit bigger it would be perfect.
CorsaSport1.416v

22nd Oct 13 at 19:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

One thing that I don't like about the ps3 is in games like -The last of us , Sony have made the game makers turn "gore" off in multiplayer for the whole of Europe , due to laws etc in other country's , don't know if it's for all games though ? Ruins the game a bit really
kz

23rd Oct 13 at 18:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thought this was quite good...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZkMdi3XBhw
Balling
Premium Member

25th Oct 13 at 06:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Killzone: Shadow Fall goes from disc to game in just 30 seconds.

That's pretty impressive. It's also the first time I've seen load times on next gen mentioned at all, something that had me slightly worried.

Another interesting point from the article. With a decent internet connection, if you purchase the game online, you'll be up and playing in less than 3 minutes, as only the first level is needed to launch the game.
Clever shit.

Russ

25th Oct 13 at 06:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm sorry but can't we stop calling it the ds4 like it's some fucking mobile phone.
XSIHardy

26th Oct 13 at 06:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Going to wait for the reviews in America, but this is pretty much a certainty for me now, main selling point killzone. I have never played it so what do pS Owners think to it?
I have had enough off call of duty and want games with actual storyline's. I think that's one thing that developers need to concertraite more on in games. Instead on titles like titan fall that's looking more like a different version of call all based on multiplayer.

[Edited on 26-10-2013 by XSIHardy]
Russ

26th Oct 13 at 08:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i thought killzone was bollocks, could never get my head round it. id only played it online and the lack of party chat and friends made it wank
Balling
Premium Member

26th Oct 13 at 09:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Killzone 1 was horrible, I thought, but back then I wasn't used to playing FPS on consoles.

KZ2 and KZ3 are fantastic games and easily the best looking on PS3.
KZ2 takes some getting used to as the steering feels a bit heavy, but after a while it's hardly noticeable.
KZ3 feels heavier than other shooters as well, but not nearly as pronounced.

Biggest drawback of the series has always been that it feels a bit on rails. There's never been much freedom of choice.
The trade-off of course being a solid story.

Steve
Premium Member

26th Oct 13 at 09:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks pretty but not really my sort of story
Wrighty

26th Oct 13 at 11:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not sure if i should order one online or go try buy one wish i had the cash before august to have got one sorted for release

<<  8    9    10    11    12    13    14  >>

New Poll