corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Take 2

New Poll
  <<  8    9    10    11    12    13    14  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Take 2
jibjob

User status: Offline
15th Apr 10 at 16:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Another pointlessly boring update

Ive been waiting for some money to clear so i can order my new parts and hopefully it should be tomorrow so i can get them ordered!

On order will be:
Cam seals
Rocker cover gasket
Rocker cover bolt seals
Lower inlet gasket
Upper inlet gasket
Inlet clam gasket
TB gasket
EGR gasket
Cambelt kit
Water pump
Exhaust gasket
Spark plugs
oil filter
Fuel filter
Silicon coolant hoses
Oil
Coolant
Sump plug

Then ive just got to get my paint sorted, pick up my compressor and spray gun, get my engine stand and crane and then im taking a few days off work and getting it all done

But while ive been waiting ive been doing little bits and bobs - new LED number plate light, touched up scratches and stone chips.

Fingers crossed everything arrives soon as theres a 10-20 day wait for the hoses! Doesnt leave me much time before PVS!
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

15th Apr 10 at 17:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This car looks awesome!

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
jibjob

15th Apr 10 at 19:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers mate
Griffiths1991

16th Apr 10 at 09:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Inlet fitted?
jibjob

16th Apr 10 at 18:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not yet thats getting fitted when the rest of the parts do
jibjob

19th Apr 10 at 15:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well ive finally managed to upload some pics of what ive been up to recently.

Template for the EGR blank

Homemade blank

Homemade parts washer

Trial fit of inlet

Painted lower inlet

Painted upper inlet

Rough throttle body

Smoothed out a bit

First coat on throttle body

All built up

Old number plate light

New number plate light

My pictures from Matt L's photoshoot

jibjob

21st Apr 10 at 16:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right we have massive progress! All the rebuild parts are arriving on Friday and the hoses will either be here Friday or the beginning of next week hopefully! Ive got my oil coming courtesy of Chrex Ive got my paint sorted, cleaned my garage ready and sorted all the tools im going to need. Just got to sort out the engine crane from Smurf now and it'll all be getting done! So hopefully by the 2nd week of May it should be done
Kurt

21st Apr 10 at 16:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just buy an egr blank off eBay you pikey the v6 vectra ones fit no problem, I had one on the 1.2 8v
jibjob

21st Apr 10 at 16:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I could never find one on ebay otherwise i would have got one but a pepsi can does for now It has got its plus points though, it wont rust, can easily make another one, mines triple layered as i made 3
jibjob

24th Apr 10 at 23:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well some parts arrived on Friday morning

Then 5l of GM oil arrived into my posession courtesy of Chrex

Then my bargain buy for the month. £5.99 from Lidl

Just waiting for the hoses to arrive now!
jibjob

11th May 10 at 20:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right finally got my week off work so started on fitting new parts, painting the engine bay and rebuilding the top half of my engine.

Started about 3pm got the engine half way out then my sister came back from her MOT and said her car had failed and she'd been quoted £1000 to put it through. So off i went to motor factors to get all the new parts for her car. £92 lighter and with 2 rear springs, discs and pads, rear shoes and anti roll bar linkage i got back and set about my car again.

Then it decided to piss it down to had to fashion a gazebo out of some tarporlin (sp) and carried on. Engine was finally 'out' by half 5 but wouldnt clear the slam panel so its currently still sat on there supported by the engine hoist. Changed the oil, plugs and cams. Just got the cambelt to put back on with all the rollers etc, fit my new inlet, fit my new hoses (if they arrive in time), fit my 4-2-1 (if that arrives), fit water pump, fit decat, fit new radiator, fit new coolant bottle, paint engine bay and then a few other little bits and bobs. Then start on my sisters car

Its going to be a squeeze to get it all done in 6 days up and running for both cars.
shaunmods
Premium Member

11th May 10 at 20:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good luck with it mate. Hope it all goes to plan Looking forward to seeing it at pvs as well!
jibjob

11th May 10 at 20:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers mate! Im hoping it all goes to plan. Had a bit of a moment before when the engine slipped and slammed into the slam panel so its now bent But thats the only real problem so far. That and the fact i cant get the bottom pulley off Cant wait for PVS its as close as im going to be getting to a holiday

Good to see yours is up and running mate and looking spot on

[Edited on 11-05-2010 by jibjob]
Griffiths1991

12th May 10 at 16:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jibjob
Right finally got my week off work so started on fitting new parts, painting the engine bay and rebuilding the top half of my engine.

Started about 3pm got the engine half way out then my sister came back from her MOT and said her car had failed and she'd been quoted £1000 to put it through. So off i went to motor factors to get all the new parts for her car. £92 lighter and with 2 rear springs, discs and pads, rear shoes and anti roll bar linkage i got back and set about my car again.

Then it decided to piss it down to had to fashion a gazebo out of some tarporlin (sp) and carried on. Engine was finally 'out' by half 5 but wouldnt clear the slam panel so its currently still sat on there supported by the engine hoist. Changed the oil, plugs and cams. Just got the cambelt to put back on with all the rollers etc, fit my new inlet, fit my new hoses (if they arrive in time), fit my 4-2-1 (if that arrives), fit water pump, fit decat, fit new radiator, fit new coolant bottle, paint engine bay and then a few other little bits and bobs. Then start on my sisters car

Its going to be a squeeze to get it all done in 6 days up and running for both cars.

Does this mean the bumper wont be ready
jibjob

12th May 10 at 19:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It'll be done as soon as ive done mine mate. Ive done most of my sisters car today just got the anti roll bar bush to do tomorrow. Ive painted my engine bay and done a bit of tidying of the loom and painting of small parts. Just waiting for my mate to bring round his impact gun to get the bottom pulley off and i'll be able to get the water pump and cambelt done and put the engine back in so hopefully it'll be back in and running tomorrow minus the hoses and exhaust manifold. Decided not to get a lightened flywheel and new clutch as theres nothing wrong with the old ones and its an expense i dont need. It should be all together, finished and running by Monday But as soon as its in and running i'll start on the bumper whilst im waiting for my hoses and manifold to turn up. Need to get filler still though keep forgetting
jibjob

14th May 10 at 00:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well finally got the bottom pulley off so ive replaced the water pump, cams, pulleys, cam oil seals, tensioners, belt pulleys and a few nuts and bolts. Having a bit of a problem getting the belt tight though but thanks to Daz1985 for his help it should be sorted tomorrow. Still no hoses though Hopefully tomorrows work should be: Tighten belt, put belt covers back on, re-attach alternator, put inlet manifold on and sort all the piping out, put engine back in, pick up radiator and a few other parts, pay for exhaust manifold, reconnect all the wires and plugs, put driveshafts back in and build hubs back up and put wheels back on.

Then Saturdays work will hopefully be: fit hoses, tidy up the engine bay a bit more, touch up scratches, bend slam panel back straight, paint slam panel, fit vin plates,fit lights and front bumper back on, check everything works, tidy up garage, clean driveway, feet up, open beer, eat takeaway and enjoy the fact all the hard work is over
jibjob

14th May 10 at 01:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I will put pics of it all after ive finished for anyone thats interested
belton

14th May 10 at 08:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

after you have finished what good is that!
I want to see the engine suspended above the bay
Gav8v

14th May 10 at 14:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think im falling in love with white corsas lol
jibjob

17th May 10 at 20:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well ive hit a snag with a couple of parts and ive lost interest.

The timings messed up again so it wont start and i havent got the energy to fix it So its going to be put back on its wheels and towed to a mates garage. I AM going to find the energy to fits my hoses if they EVER arrive! I'll also fit my manifold, lights, radiator, bumper, hubs, etc.

Just have lost all interest at the moment as theres other things going on that are more important.

Im hoping to have it running by the end of the week though one way or another.
jibjob

19th May 10 at 22:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks like its fudged. Andyc1234 reset the timing for me after finding it was half a turn out on the crank and it still wont start so it looks like ive bent a valve somewhere Going to get a compression test done on it tomorrow to see whats what but im not holding out much hope Need to change my throttle body aswel as the cable setup i have at the moment just wont work so i need to take my inlet apart again Its all going tits up at the moment
Griffiths1991

20th May 10 at 11:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Looks like its fudged. Andyc1234 reset the timing for me after finding it was half a turn out on the crank and it still wont start so it looks like ive bent a valve somewhere Going to get a compression test done on it tomorrow to see whats what but im not holding out much hope Need to change my throttle body aswel as the cable setup i have at the moment just wont work so i need to take my inlet apart again Its all going tits up at the moment

Defo going to fix it if you have bent a valve?
jibjob

20th May 10 at 16:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right ive found out its not a bent valve or any problems with the head. It would appear ive been sold the wrong cams
Griffiths1991

20th May 10 at 18:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Right ive found out its not a bent valve or any problems with the head. It would appear ive been sold the wrong cams

jibjob

20th May 10 at 19:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nope i take that back they are the right cams. But it just doesnt want to work on my engine We've tried everything and still no joy. Going to try again tomorrow.

<<  8    9    10    11    12    13    14  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Take 2 24 database queries in 0.0169990 seconds