corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Take 2

New Poll
  <<  10    11    12    13    14    15    16  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Take 2
shaunmods
Premium Member

User status: Offline
10th Aug 10 at 21:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Offt thats nasty mate Worse than I thought actually. On a positive note it looks cool as in that pic on the hard shoulder lol. Glad to see its not stopping you though! Hopefully it'll be back on the road soon better than ever
jibjob

10th Aug 10 at 22:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ye when it cut out and i heard and saw metal bouncing from under my car and the motorway filled with smoke i knew it was game over

Ye the pics arent too bad Thought id take some gratuitious (sp) "breakdown pics"

I have to admit i did feel like scapping it there and then and i did boot the inside of the door But within 10mins of being on the recovery truck i had a new block sorted so it gave me a bit of hope!

If it happens again though i think it will be game over for this engine
jibjob

12th Aug 10 at 21:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well its nearly all done now

Fucking HT leads are wrong again I bought a set off eBay and they sent me the wrong ones, so i paid the postage to send them back and they sent me the "right" set. The fitment at each end is fine but the leads arent long enough! Fucking amateurs!

The threads in the cambelt pulley hole have stripped aswel So ive got to wait until tomorrow now to get it re-threaded! But then hopefully i'll have it all built up and running
jibjob

17th Aug 10 at 22:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well its finally come

Ive finally fallen out of love with the car Ive thrown endless amounts of money and time at it and nothings worked. It refuses to idle properly, theres no oil getting to the inlet cam and its using coolant and oil at a stupid rate even though theres no leaks.

Ive replaced near enough everything on the engine and it still wont work properly so im on the verge of just jacking it in with this engine and selling it

Ive replaced:
Main bearings
Big end bearings
Every seal
Every gasket
Head bolts x3
Head gasket x3
Cambelt kit x2
Water pump x2
Head was rebuilt by Philip2
New spark plugs
New leads
All new sensors
New loom
20 litres of oil
3 oil filters
New radiator
Fuel filter

All that and its still running like shit
If anyone wants to sort it out for me i'll pay them but ive had enough of it now Im going to change the oil pump and if that doesnt work its coming out, being stripped and being sold off
MarkSport

18th Aug 10 at 06:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd say thats the oil pump mate.either that or a tiny blockage.dont give up,you have come to far to just end it.check all pipes and stuff first then fit the pump
Kurt

18th Aug 10 at 08:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sell it to me as a non runner
shaunmods
Premium Member

18th Aug 10 at 09:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Massive kick in the balls but do not give up mate! I know exactly how you feel but its soo close now. It will 100% be worth it at the end
jibjob

18th Aug 10 at 13:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive checked all the oil galleries, pipes, oil ways and they are all clear.

Kurt it will never be a non-runner It'll have an engine in it one way or another Andyc wants me buy his VXR engine

Im just debating for the cost and hours to change the pump its half way to buying another engine.

Its develpoed yet another problem. When i put my foot down it just bogs out the revs drop and nothing happens. It misses and splutters when it does work. Ive no idea whats going on with it

Shaun i now it'll be worth it but i just dont see an end any time soon Ive done everything i can think of and its still a mess. Im just debating a new engine and start again. I could make near enough all of the money back from selling bits off this engine so its hardly going to cost anything.

[Edited on 18-08-2010 by jibjob]
LOCK3TT360

18th Aug 10 at 22:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shame i threw away the 1.2 out of it, you could put that back in

Don't give up though Jon, Like you say, sell the newish parts off the nackered engine and buy a new one, better yet... c20xe. You know you want to :l
jibjob

18th Aug 10 at 22:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well ive got the option of replacing it with another 1.6 or c20xe or a z20let. The 1.6 will just get it running right, the c20xe will be a bit of a step up and the z20let will be a lot of work but will be a bit special!
Jakey
Premium Member

18th Aug 10 at 22:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Scrap her in!
jibjob

18th Aug 10 at 22:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I will never ever do that
The shell is a near minter so id rather just keep swapping engines

With all these problems ive got a new plan.

Im going to change the oil pump tomorrow to see if it solves the problems. If it does i'll keep the 1.6. If it doesnt i'll be going XE. Then after ive saved up a bit i'll be buying a decent spec ZLET and that'll be going in
jibjob

19th Aug 10 at 14:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

18 Fault codes yet again Theyve all been posted in the help section if anyone wants to lend a hand sorting them out!
jibjob

22nd Aug 10 at 20:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well ive called it a day with the 1600.

A new ecu, loom, injector loom and reseal of the inlet worked well until 5mins later when it started running on 2 cylinders. So im cutting my losses and moving on.

So...
Take this...

Remove this...

And fit this...

Lets hope this goes better

[Edited on 22-08-2010 by jibjob]
ash-ov-boro

23rd Aug 10 at 20:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

glad to see your not giving up jibjob its a mint little corsa you have there

have you bought the redtop yet when will you be fitting it ?
AlexW

24th Aug 10 at 20:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

End of an era? Oh wait, its only been a year lol

Good your not breaking the whole car, Keeping the XE standard or?
jibjob

24th Aug 10 at 21:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It feels like its been 40 years trying to sort this 1600 out!

Theres no way id break the whole car i just couldn't bring myself to do it! The XE's going to be standard to start with just so i can get it up and running. Once its up and running i can start hoarding parts to get it up to a decent spec
belton

25th Aug 10 at 12:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whens it happening mate?
No doubt you will have it running in no time, the amount of help available for these. I feel so bad for you! its only ever problems. oh well onwards and upwards, you will love the xe
jibjob

25th Aug 10 at 16:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hopefully it'll be sorted in the next couple of days just havent got the energy at the moment as ive got a lot else going on but should be done by next week at the latest hopefully.
jibjob

9th Sep 10 at 21:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well thought i best update as its been a while

Ive still not got it running The engines in, mounted up, all hoses and pipes are on, radiator and new slim line fan are fitted and the wirings nearly done.

It turns over but wont fire so i think ive got the wiring wrong somewhere
Still need to get the CV out of the gearbox that was stuck in when i bought it, put my new outer CV on, put bonnet back on and then just build the hubs back up.
I havent managed to get the exhaust sorted yet but thats going to be one of the last jobs just so i can make sure it fits perfectly.

Whilst ive been waiting for a few parts to arrive it gave me chance to focus on the interior and give it some attention.
I've covered my a, b and c pillars in the same material my headlining and seats are covered in. Im in the process or redoing the headlining after it was a crap fit last time

I also got a bit carried away with white paint so ive painted my air vent surrounds, centre console, MFD and speedo surround It doesnt look too bad in all fairness and breaks up the black quite well.

Also fitted new gear and handbrake gaitors - black with white stitching
Fitted some aluminium speedo rings aswel for no reason other than they were cheap

So really im nearly there just need to get someone to lend me a hand finishing the last few bits off that i cant do myself.

Can't wait to get it up and running again!
Kurt

9th Sep 10 at 21:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The rings are terrible, had them on the original clocks, glued them in and they just bounced out when I had the coilies on it

I thought you were selling it? I'd heard you were?
jibjob

9th Sep 10 at 21:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive not even glued them in they are just sort of squashed in

I was selling Then had a change of heart and decided to keep it for aslong as i can. I might have to get rid in the next few months though if i cant find storage for it
AlexW

9th Sep 10 at 23:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shame your not local, id happly jump in to help. Good luck with it.
jibjob

9th Sep 10 at 23:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers mate. It should be done tomorrow hopefully but i just need someone to weld the exhaust and then help with the wiring.
AlexW

9th Sep 10 at 23:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My two favorite things lol

Whats up with the wiring anyway or not sure yet?

<<  10    11    12    13    14    15    16  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Take 2 23 database queries in 0.0178161 seconds