corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » *Battlefield 3 news and banter thread*

New Poll
  <<  106    107    108    109    110    111    112  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author *Battlefield 3 news and banter thread*
chris_uk
Premium Member

User status: Offline
2nd Nov 11 at 14:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I havent seen anything they have added yet..
DannyB
Premium Member

2nd Nov 11 at 14:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Most are little fixes that you won't really notice unless you had a problem with them
chris_uk
Premium Member

2nd Nov 11 at 14:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats not adding things tho, thats just fixing their mistakes.
mwg

2nd Nov 11 at 14:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right so can I look at my stats on my PS3 like I used to be able to on BC2 or not?
DannyB
Premium Member

2nd Nov 11 at 14:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Stop being pedantic there's issues, so they are fixing them. They are listening to people, which is a good thing. If no body spoke about these things then there would be 5 million people like Sunz that just rage quit and stick with Counter Strike. There's a patch coming out soon with more improvements.
chris_uk
Premium Member

2nd Nov 11 at 14:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes you can.. Just open the browser.
DannyB
Premium Member

2nd Nov 11 at 14:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Example; this was made by a reddit user, DICE have acknowledged it as thousands of people said it's better than what is there now. Today the official BF twitter posted it accidently the BF community rep also said they love it, so hwo knows, you may see it changed soon.

http://i.imgur.com/bzYni.jpg
Sunz

2nd Nov 11 at 14:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think DannyB works for EA !
DannyB
Premium Member

2nd Nov 11 at 14:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh no, I've been found out
chris_uk
Premium Member

2nd Nov 11 at 14:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I want to know why someone didnt make it to start with.. I mean ffs it doesnt take a genius!!
JonnyJ

2nd Nov 11 at 16:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Brett
quote:
Originally posted by chris_uk
why brett?

I just don't think it's my kind of game, I'm absolutely bobbins at it. I prefer winning games and getting a positive K/D. I just can't see where people are, I always just get shot whenever I spawn. Last night was atrocious, I think I got 1 kill and 13 deaths I never know where I'm going, what I'm supposed to do or where the enemy is coming from. All it seems to be is pretty much EVERYONE sat in a bush somewhere with a sniper rifle. Last night I literally couldn't walk round a single corner without some sniper that I couldn't see taking me out. I'm used to that being called camping which I hate. Whenever I die it's a massive ball ache getting back to the action because the maps are so big too.

Like I said, I can appreciate the game, it's appearance, the quality of it, but it's just to boring for me. I prefer going vigilante style sprinting round like a boss, not hiding away with 4 team mates sat next to me doing the same thing.

I'll just buy COD next week. Might see how much I get part-ex for BF3 on it.

[Edited on 02-11-2011 by Brett]

Its strange that you say all you get is snipers sat in a bush, im yet to see that (on ps3 though, maybe we arent homos like xbox-ers). It used to be quite bad on BC2, couldnt go anywhere high or in the open without being sniped at.

With regards to getting back into the action, if you are playing conquest either spawn on a squad member further up the map or on one of the points you control, they really aren't that big if you use the vehicles at your disposal too.

Ultimately though this game is best enjoyed playing with mates who you can talk to. I enjoy it on my own but i had 2 games with mwg last night and they were both mint. If you work together its a pleasure to play, we stuck together, but not in a line, just enough so we can cover most of the area we were attacking, he could tell me if someone was coming from one side and vice versa, even if one of us died we could tell each other where from and then the other person can either take the guy out or just keep alive until we spawn back on one another, both back in the area together straightaway and get the fucker that killed us Also helps when taking points, if you both go to the point you want to take, you can get it twice as fast, you also have two sets of eyes looking out for people trying to stop you getting it.

We were playing Operation Firestorm and i took the stinger whilst matt had the rpg, so i could take out airbourne stuff and when tanks arrived matt blew them up, i would have been fucked on my own because the stinger only targets aircraft.

With regards to not knowing where people are coming from, obviously you are never going to know 100% where people are going but you can take a could guess and prepare yourself. On CQ the likelihood they are going to be going for the points you control/neutral ones, and most likely heading from the ones they control (thats where they will spawn 90% of the time) so you have a general idea of the sides the are coming from/heading to.

When attacking points try not to go in the obvious route, flank the edges of the map and try get in behind them, again on Firestorm, we were in a tank heading for C, the obvious route is the most direct through the middle, but people always put anti tank mines there and theres a million places to hide for engineers with rockets in the oil refinery bit, be hard to spot them if they start firing at you, so we went around the back road, took out a tank along the way and then another that was heading into C but only looking ahead at the obvious route, so i snuck behind him and got an easy kill.

The Grand Bazaar map is another one where people all congregate in one alleyway, firing rockets at each other, but theres loads of side streets around the back you can go down that no one seems to use, you can get in behind the teams here and again get easy kills.

The game just takes a bit of thought sometimes, I find it much more rewarding having good games on here as I havent just run from one side of the map to the other shooting people along the way. Granted its not for everyone like, I can see why COD still has a market but i find this game holds my attention much better and i can imagine with a good squad of 4 of you all working together to get the objectives that unless you come up against a better squad doing the same thing, you'll piss every game.

[/Paul_J]
Brett
Premium Member

2nd Nov 11 at 16:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Only 655 words. Not quite got Paul_J status yet mate. Will bear those points in mind and try again anyway.
mwg

2nd Nov 11 at 16:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you had it on the PS3 then me & Jonny would get you liking it I want to play it tonight but I'm not at home
Brett
Premium Member

2nd Nov 11 at 16:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You probably would. Kurt and Danny just run away from me
mwg

2nd Nov 11 at 16:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We need to get the JW9 clan tag set up asap.
JonnyJ

2nd Nov 11 at 16:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
You probably would. Kurt and Danny just run away from me

They are probably using you as bait to draw fire so they can get the kills

Deffo better when you working together though. Unless you have mwg on your team who will see a grenade, run away and then shout "oh shit" and i go "wha..." BOOM. Dead. Cheers mate.

Another thing i keep an eye out for on the mini map is the skulls, shows you where team mates have recently been killed, probably good areas to avoid unless you have a good idea on the direction the got killed from, then head up there with an RPG lined up to fire at the cunts

What class do you tend to play Brett?
JonnyJ

2nd Nov 11 at 16:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg

We need to get the JW9 clan tag set up asap.

Yes. Shame Nath cant come and join team JW9
mwg

2nd Nov 11 at 16:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fucking mini map That can GTF. Need to get on hardcore soon.
Brett
Premium Member

2nd Nov 11 at 17:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ

Engineer or Medic I suppose, but that's only because of the guns. Can't say I've really helped anyone out yet

It just seems like a lot of effort this game tbh
DannyB
Premium Member

2nd Nov 11 at 17:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah it's a very different game if you're not used to the playing style, it's not for everyone though if you gave it a few weeks you'd enjoy it more.

In other news, there's places offering MW3 for 99p when you trade in BF3
Brett
Premium Member

2nd Nov 11 at 17:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Where's that Danny? I knew Gamestop were doing that but only if you'd bought BF3 from them and had a receipt.

Would be quite a good deal considering the online pass has been used.
DannyB
Premium Member

2nd Nov 11 at 17:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ahh maybe that was it then, try Google MW3 for 99p and see what comes back. You're probably right though
JonnyJ

2nd Nov 11 at 17:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ

Engineer or Medic I suppose, but that's only because of the guns. Can't say I've really helped anyone out yet

It just seems like a lot of effort this game tbh

It is, but its rewarding when it goes right

Aye was going to suggest engineer if you didnt use it already, decent guns for close/medium quarters stuff and rockets for things further away and taking out vehicles. I think its the best "all rounder" class.
JonnyJ

2nd Nov 11 at 17:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
Fucking mini map That can GTF. Need to get on hardcore soon.

Im enjoying core
Brett
Premium Member

2nd Nov 11 at 17:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think one of the main problems is seeing people? Any suggestions? It just doesn't seem apparant at all.

<<  106    107    108    109    110    111    112  >>

New Poll