corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » iPhone 6 Thread

New Poll
  <<  7    8    9    10    11    12    13  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author iPhone 6 Thread
Cavey

User status: Offline
9th Sep 14 at 19:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob_Quads
quote:
Originally posted by Cavey
Why is it more secure than a credit card?

With an NFC reader you can read the card number and expiry off the card in plain text with no encrypion. This can be used to then order stuff online at places like amazon as they don't require the extra numbers on the actual card.
The tokenisation means your making a unique token for that device. If someone steals it and tries to use it on another device then it just would not work.
(Very simplified view)

So they can steal your phone and use it all they like, but they can't wirelessly or otherwise take data from the phone to use themselves, gotcha

[Edited on 09-09-2014 by Cavey]
Rob_Quads

9th Sep 14 at 19:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Your not paying with tokens its just the term used to identify you. Essentially its a like a credit card. Its something that can be used to bill your account. The token is the same. If you charge something to the token it takes from the account its linked from
Bart

9th Sep 14 at 19:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

rob,
Can you read the 3 digit security code in plain text with NFC? IIRC Amazon asks for this?

I'm behind with the news but does the apple NFC require fingerprint Touch ID for verification?
Rob_Quads

9th Sep 14 at 19:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.channel4.com/news/millions-of-barclays-card-users-exposed-to-fraud

Not sure if fingerprint will be a requirement for Apple Pay. I suspect it will as using a pin code makes it no different to using your card and pin number
Dom

9th Sep 14 at 19:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
Don't have to hold your £700 phone up Dom, you can hold your wrist at a funny angle to use your £300 watch instead.....

God forbid i was wearing an iWatch, the muggers can have it; i'd even take it off and hand it to them
djgritt
Premium Member

9th Sep 14 at 20:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll be going for a 4.7" iPhone 6 64GB to replace my 5 64GB.
My Black one is scratched to fuck though on the edges, so I'll probably go for the White/Silver one this time to see if it hides any blemishes easily. Gold looks shit, not a chance of going for that.

It's also the same size as my work Samsung S4 Active, so not particularly massive, and I got used to that size quickly.
kz

9th Sep 14 at 22:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can't believe the leaks were real, it's so ugly! Still might go for it, not sure... guess the rear of a phone doesn't matter that much. Didn't really want a bigger phone either but I do have terrible eyesight, so for things like sat-nav it will help I guess. Definitely not going for the 5.5" though, anyone after that one!?
Jambo

10th Sep 14 at 06:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think I need to see them in the flesh to decide. Tempted by the larger one now
Marc

10th Sep 14 at 07:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Me too, but need confirmation of upgrade cost first.
Rob_Quads

10th Sep 14 at 07:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm temped by the larger one but probably will wait till its out so I can actually see how it feels in the hand.
Jambo

10th Sep 14 at 08:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can't decide which colour is best also. Need to see one in flesh which means I might have to revert back to a Blackberry 9700 for a couple of weeks

Grey looks the same as silver in photos

[Edited on 10-09-2014 by Jambo]
djgritt
Premium Member

10th Sep 14 at 08:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
Can't decide which colour is best also. Need to see one in flesh which means I might have to revert back to a Blackberry 9700 for a couple of weeks

Grey looks the same as silver in photos

Yeah, I've noticed that the images (even on the Apple site) don't seem to give a good impression atall.

It seems the Silver has the White fronting, and the Grey the Black fronting anyway, like the 5/5S.

I think I'll be going for Silver/White myself.
Steve
Premium Member

10th Sep 14 at 08:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by kz
Can't believe the leaks were real, it's so ugly! Still might go for it, not sure... guess the rear of a phone doesn't matter that much. Didn't really want a bigger phone either but I do have terrible eyesight, so for things like sat-nav it will help I guess. Definitely not going for the 5.5" though, anyone after that one!?

Lol classic apple mentality, don't like it but will buy it anyway followed by weak justifications about how you're going to spin it's the best thing ever after you've bought it
Marc

10th Sep 14 at 08:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I like the rounded edges, reminds me a bit of the 3. The 4,5 felt like a step back in design.
Jambo

10th Sep 14 at 08:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im torn between space grey and gold. And torn between 6 and 6+. Really need to see how big it is I am keen on the displays for messages/email on the Plus, but think I will end up with 6 tbh.

I suspect this one will be nicer in the hand.
Marc

10th Sep 14 at 08:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm the same. Bigger would be better, but not sure I could live with it. Silver or grey for me.
Balling
Premium Member

10th Sep 14 at 09:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a pair of chinos that just barely holds my 5s. Same goes for most of my shorts.

With a 6+ I'd have to switch to baggy pants or always carry my phone in my hand like a douche.

Marc

10th Sep 14 at 09:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was thinking it would be peeking out of the top too.
mwg

10th Sep 14 at 10:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Going to wait till they are in the shops but first impressions are the 6 Plus is going to be too big. Especially by the time you put a case on it.

I wonder how much longer the battery will last on the 6 Plus in real life.

[Edited on 10-09-2014 by mwg]
Jambo

10th Sep 14 at 10:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My concern with the Plus is the one handed operation, or potential lack of it.

More I think of it, the more I want the 6. I like the benefits the big screen brings, but I have an iPad and a Laptop and 4.7 is still larger than my 5!
johnny86
Premium Member

10th Sep 14 at 10:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Balling
I have a pair of chinos that just barely holds my 5s. Same goes for most of my shorts.

With a 6+ I'd have to switch to baggy pants or always carry my phone in my hand like a douche.

I got a note 3 that goes in the pockets of all my trousers except my chinos.
Jambo

10th Sep 14 at 11:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking at this picture I think the 6+ will be laughably big, much like LG G3. Great to use for a while at home but sod varying that in your pocket!

John

10th Sep 14 at 11:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If it's similar in size to the OnePlus One, it's massive, more than you'd expect over the extra .5".
mwg

10th Sep 14 at 11:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Someone is paying a company between £10 and £20 an hour to camp outside the Regent Street Apple store in London
John

10th Sep 14 at 11:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Retards, just order it online instead and not pay £20 an hour or wait outside for 2 weeks.

<<  7    8    9    10    11    12    13  >>

New Poll