corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Official: Playstation 4 Topic

New Poll
  <<  7    8    9    10    11    12    13  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Official: Playstation 4 Topic
Balling
Premium Member

User status: Offline
21st Aug 13 at 19:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well, Media Markt wasn't too far off.

Official release is November 15th in US and Canada, November 29th in Europe.

Sauce: http://cl.ly/050B1P3z0u24

Balling
Premium Member

22nd Aug 13 at 09:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some interesting new info about the PS4.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=657221

In short, for those who can't be assed to read all that, PS4 implements a hUMA architecture that will allow for more advanced handling of graphics algorithms (for, i believe, calculations of light, shadows, fluids, smoke, reflections, particles and other physics - maybe more, anyone who can elaborate?) and larger, more complex textures, compared to a "regular" PC architecture.

As the 3D polygon count (model detail) will not be significantly higher than current gen. consoles (well it will, but it'll likely not be very visible) texture and lighting and such will have a huge impact on how we perceive the graphics.

XSIHardy

3rd Sep 13 at 15:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can't wait for this now !!
XSIHardy

3rd Sep 13 at 15:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://m.uk.ign.com/articles/2013/08/30/playstation-4-bundle-contains-killzone-camera-second-controller

Fingers crossed this is true
baza31

3rd Sep 13 at 18:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What's point having a camera?
Dom

3rd Sep 13 at 19:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by baza31

Interactive games mainly; that and the social media side of things like video chat etc.
Balling
Premium Member

3rd Sep 13 at 20:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by baza31
As Dom says. Plus theres a light bar on the controllers that'll allow for motion tracking.

Potentially it can do a lot of cool stuff. On the PS3 the Eye can be used for facial tracking in GT5 and adjust the cockpit view after your head orientation. Tilt to the sides to look to the sides etc.

It's all down to developers what they do with it (like the touchpad on the DS4 controller), but I hope that Sony pushing it more this time around will result in more developers adopting it.

XSIHardy

3rd Sep 13 at 20:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's just the extra controller that I'm really happy about tbh, they have matched Xbox with the the game + camera and then thrown in an extra controller which I thinks really good value for money seeming as there £55 a pop
fred7

15th Sep 13 at 19:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just pre ordered a ps4 from gameseek there saying they still have stock for release day I hope so!!
Balling
Premium Member

19th Sep 13 at 08:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.edge-online.com/news/power-struggle-the-real-differences-between-ps4-and-xbox-one-performance/

Bit of an interesting read.

In summary, nothing is set in stone yet and both consoles are still being tweaked.

The points about politics make me sad.
Basically it might be easier to achieve great performance on one console than on the other, but developers will optimise to the lowest common denominator out of fear of a backslash.

Once again, when the corporations fight, the consumers are the losers.

Balling
Premium Member

23rd Sep 13 at 12:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/09/20/tgs-playstation-4s-playroom-is-everything-i-didnt-know-i-wanted

Can't wait to play around with that!

Dom

23rd Sep 13 at 15:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Seems like it's a combination of the Kinect (PSEye appears that it can track the enviroment) and WII controller but it's pretty neat, especially the game
Balling
Premium Member

30th Sep 13 at 07:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://gearnuke.com/playstation-4-remote-play-allows-co-op-2-screens-one-playstation-4-even-internet/

Giving split-screen a whole new meaning!

When (if) Vita TV comes to europe, this means you could essentially hook it up to a TV in a different room and play two-player on two screens, using one console.

I could see Vita TV becoming a huge success based on this alone!

XSIHardy

19th Oct 13 at 01:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just over a month untill this is released any one getting it day one ?
BarnshaW

19th Oct 13 at 05:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes
Wrighty

19th Oct 13 at 06:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not pre-ordered but but il go out and find one, there will be one on shop shelves somewhere
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

19th Oct 13 at 07:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont know what to get. my mates keep harping on about the xbox but i want the playstation
Balling
Premium Member

19th Oct 13 at 08:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by IvIarkgraham
dont know what to get. my mates keep harping on about the xbox but i want the playstation
Get what your mates get, tbh. You'll get annoyed with not being able to play with them.

Though the best option of course would be to sway them away from the inferior console.

Balling
Premium Member

19th Oct 13 at 08:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by XSIHardy
Day one or close to. Am considering waiting for the mega bundle with Killzone, PSeye and extra controller to be made widely available, but not sure that'll happen this side of christmas.

Cavey

19th Oct 13 at 08:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Balling
quote:
Originally posted by XSIHardy
Day one or close to. Am considering waiting for the mega bundle with Killzone, PSeye and extra controller to be made widely available, but not sure that'll happen this side of christmas.

My mate just had his pre-order upgraded to that bundle
Balling
Premium Member

19th Oct 13 at 23:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Great shot that really shows exactly how much bigger the DS4 is, compared to the DS3.

Cavey

20th Oct 13 at 08:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Said it when I first saw it. Looks like a mad catz cheapo controller
Chrissy
Premium Member

20th Oct 13 at 09:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cavey
Said it when I first saw it. Looks like a mad catz cheapo controller

Really? I think it looks like much more of a quality product than the DS3

>>>> Chris <<<<

XSIHardy

20th Oct 13 at 14:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by IvIarkgraham

This is my current issue I really do prefer the playstation, there pretty dedicated xbox fans though and don't want to loose there gamer scores
Balling
Premium Member

21st Oct 13 at 11:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So, while the Xbox One camp has been downscaling and reduced exclusive titles to 720p resolution, what's been going on in the PS4 camp regarding game development this year?

Here's what has happened to Killzone: SF over the last months.
quote:

what has changed since February? “Since the PlayStation Meeting, the lighting has improved, the frame rate has improved, there have been a lot of changes to character animation and streaming, and texture quality is now about four times higher than it was back then, so it’s come a long way.” Perhaps the most exciting thing is that you’ll be able to see it all for yourself in less than a month...

From this (generally uniteresting) article.

Seeing as what we saw in february was actually presented as finished in game footage, this is pretty remarkable to me.

Can't wait for this game! Popped in Killzone 3 over the weekend and can't believe how much better it looks than any other current gen games, so Shadow Fall should be proper stunning.

<<  7    8    9    10    11    12    13  >>

New Poll