corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » what are my rights?! .. car related

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author what are my rights?! .. car related
Pop

User status: Offline
16th Dec 05 at 17:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hey..

a couple of days ago I placed an order on www.motorsportworld.co.uk for:-

2x sparco evo 2 bucket seats
2x sparco 4 point bolti in harnesses
2x sparco 2 inch thick harness pads

I recieved an email from them today saying that their prices on the website weren't up to date and that the sparco buckets were more expensive. they then asked did I want to continue with the order or cancel?

do I have any rights here? surely it isn't my fault that the price wasn't updated on the site. should I not be able to purchase the seats at the price advertised when I made the order?

any help would be much appreciated

thanks
tim

[Edited on 16-12-2005 by Pop]

Adam_B

16th Dec 05 at 17:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

unless they have already taken payment for the lower price you cant do anything.
Pop

16th Dec 05 at 17:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

k thanks .. i'll cancel the order then
a_j_mair

16th Dec 05 at 17:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

probably be a disclaimer on site somewhere sayign prices were correct at time pulished
Ajones_17

16th Dec 05 at 17:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thought that would be false advertising and you are entitled to them at that price, but like a_j said if there is a disclaimer then not much chance of that happenin
Rob_Lee
Banned

16th Dec 05 at 17:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tell them they advertised them wrongly!

Sale of goods act and all that!

Rob
Pop

16th Dec 05 at 17:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they've now updated the website with the seat prices!! ... i'm going to go down to the bank to find out if they've taken the money off me
Adam_B

16th Dec 05 at 17:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

kick off about it tho, if they know there going to loose the sale they may do you a deal.
J da Silva

16th Dec 05 at 17:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They may end up giving you the goods for the price you want in the end, if you proceed in cancelling your order, they'll think " a reduced price better than nothing at all "
Tim
Site Administrator

16th Dec 05 at 17:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah website small print will say E&OE -- errors and omissions excepted.

But like it was said above -- if they have taken the money I think that forms a contract for sale of goods at that price.

If in doubt, just phone CAB.
vibrio
Banned

16th Dec 05 at 18:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Pop
hey..

a couple of days ago I placed an order on www.motorsportworld.co.uk for:-

2x sparco evo 2 bucket seats
2x sparco 4 point bolti in harnesses
2x sparco 2 inch thick harness pads

I recieved an email from them today saying that their prices on the website weren't up to date and that the sparco buckets were more expensive. they then asked did I want to continue with the order or cancel?

do I have any rights here? surely it isn't my fault that the price wasn't updated on the site. should I not be able to purchase the seats at the price advertised when I made the order?

any help would be much appreciated

thanks
tim

they are advertised at a price you should expect to pay that price. not their fault. you should get the parts at the price online.
vibrio
Banned

16th Dec 05 at 18:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is it an automated syste,. so you order them online and you get an email saying thanks fr your order with a list of what you have bought and the cost. I don't think they have any arm to stand on.
mav

16th Dec 05 at 18:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there will be a disclaimer somewhere on the site..

remeber the £29.95 tellys on ebuyer, none of us got one just an email saying the price was wrong..
Carl

16th Dec 05 at 18:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob_Lee

Rob

It doesn't work like that. I did it in business law a few years ago but I've forgot most of it. I work in a shop too and it does my head in when if the price comes up wrong and people start spouting off.
I give them it for cheaper anyway no loss to me, just the fact that you get know it alls spouting off when they are wrong pisses me off!

invitation to treat and all that kind of stuff i think its to do with.

[Edited on 16-12-2005 by Carl]
RKS

16th Dec 05 at 18:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if they give you the option to cancel then i dont think you can do anything, if they take more money than they were supposed to you can sue them tho
vibrio
Banned

16th Dec 05 at 18:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mav
there will be a disclaimer somewhere on the site..

remeber the £29.95 tellys on ebuyer, none of us got one just an email saying the price was wrong..

don't matter mav. no one took it further. if that was the case you could advertise something then change the price if someone buy it.
Carl

16th Dec 05 at 18:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

An ‘invitation to treat’ is a contract law concept that means displaying an item with a marked price does not constitute a binding offer to the world at large; rather, it constitutes an 'invitation to treat', or an offer to deal with the trader concerning the item and as such the retailer has the option to withdraw the item from sale.

It's law though so it's not very black and white.
Carl

16th Dec 05 at 18:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.venables.co.uk/n0203mistakes.htm

this article is regarding wrongly priced things on. the net.
Pop

16th Dec 05 at 18:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by vibrio
is it an automated syste,. so you order them online and you get an email saying thanks fr your order with a list of what you have bought and the cost. I don't think they have any arm to stand on.

yep it's an automated system which sent me an email confirming my purchases and the total

... at the start of the email though it said that they would email the next day to confirm when i would recieve my order
Jambo

16th Dec 05 at 18:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sale of goods actr etc etc etc

"reserve the right to refuse service"

You can just say that and shut up

I have worked in retail for 6years, depending on the companies policy, MVC for example if a cd is priced wrong if the value is over £2.50 difference kindly tell them to get fucked
vibrio
Banned

16th Dec 05 at 19:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Carl

interesting however its not a blatent price difference is it. not a huge amount. I would still proceed with the claim that the price was advertised. at the time a contract was entered into onthe belief that the price on line was the pricehe would pay. it's not his fault they never updated their site. my brother in law went to buy a car and the price that was on the car was £1000 less than what it should have been. it was a pricing error. the car was advertised as such so he got t for that price. why should an internet site be any different.
corsa5dr

16th Dec 05 at 19:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Rob_Lee

Rob

It doesn't work like that. I did it in business law a few years ago but I've forgot most of it. I work in a shop too and it does my head in when if the price comes up wrong and people start spouting off.
I give them it for cheaper anyway no loss to me, just the fact that you get know it alls spouting off when they are wrong pisses me off!

invitation to treat and all that kind of stuff i think its to do with.

[Edited on 16-12-2005 by Carl]

Same with me, studied it in business law and when I was working at Safeway people p1ssed me off constantly about it.
Carl

16th Dec 05 at 19:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by vibrio
quote:

interesting however its not a blatent price difference is it. not a huge amount. I would still proceed with the claim that the price was advertised. at the time a contract was entered into onthe belief that the price on line was the pricehe would pay. it's not his fault they never updated their site. my brother in law went to buy a car and the price that was on the car was £1000 less than what it should have been. it was a pricing error. the car was advertised as such so he got t for that price. why should an internet site be any different.

some businesses will honour the mistake so they are seen to have good customer service, if this doesn't happen then basically he has no chance. Hardly worth taking civil action either.
Pop

16th Dec 05 at 19:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol i'm not going to take any civil action over it ... i just can't afford the new price total price for the stuff

... i'm going to go check my bank balance in a sec to see if it's gone through .. if not i'll cancel the whole order
Carl

16th Dec 05 at 19:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Pop
lol i'm not going to take any civil action over it ... i just can't afford the new price total price for the stuff

... i'm going to go check my bank balance in a sec to see if it's gone through .. if not i'll cancel the whole order

Tell them that you are going to cancell as you can't afford the new price, they might sort you out then, worth a shot.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » what are my rights?! .. car related 22 database queries in 0.1061609 seconds