corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Nocking noise

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Nocking noise
Greasemonkey

User status: Offline
2nd Nov 03 at 00:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fitted an APex suspension kit about a month ago, now all of a sudden there is a nocking noise coming from both sides, sounds like the shox are loose, but they aint cos i have checked them is definately coming from that area, i aint the parcel shelf or nothing like that help
broster
Premium Member

2nd Nov 03 at 00:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had this with my old spax, it turned out to be the bushes i fink!
Greasemonkey

2nd Nov 03 at 00:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is that the bushes on the trailing arms of the axle, or the two rubber bushes on the top of the strut
broster
Premium Member

2nd Nov 03 at 00:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

trailing arm i fink, cant remember to much, it was 2years ago!
Greasemonkey

2nd Nov 03 at 00:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

shit i was hoping it wasnt that!!!, not having too much luck at the mo, got to get the vauxhall immobilisor removed cos i suspect its the reason for the car cutting out like every 10 minutes, both my front CV joints have gone, got to get these bushes changed and i got a puncture in my new 205/40/17 Toyo Proxy tyre tonight!!!!! bloody cars
broster
Premium Member

2nd Nov 03 at 01:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

try this, get sum1 to shake the car whoile u try an track the noise down, this is how me and my dad did it! was well annoyin!
Greasemonkey

2nd Nov 03 at 01:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

think i might have to do that!!!, just hope the engine transplant thats happening in a couple of weeks goes smooth the car gods aint looking over me at the mo!!
broster
Premium Member

2nd Nov 03 at 01:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol, they neva look over me!
Ian
Site Administrator

2nd Nov 03 at 03:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get underneath and look for clean bits. If its both sides check the lower edge of the inside wheel arch for contact with the spring. You may also be hearing some contact between the nearside trailing arm and back box - this one usually worse when there's weight in the back.

Also check the dampers aren't too tight on the top mount inside the boot. These only need be nipped up, I'm not sure of torque but its not loads. Overtightening causes the rubber seat to compress and you get contact there.

[Edited on 02-11-2003 by Ian]
Greasemonkey

2nd Nov 03 at 12:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ahhh that might be it matey, i couldnt get me torque wrench in to torque them up think they might be over tight, i will go slaken them off a bit
cheers

New Poll