corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Slight Nocking noise from the steering column?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Slight Nocking noise from the steering column?
Sjdickso

User status: Offline
17th Nov 03 at 09:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hope someone can help me I have corsa C sxi, I have recently had new wheels fitted 16" wolfrace.

When the car is stationary a bit of lock to left you here a slight nocking noise, This only happens when stationary, is this normal?? also it only happens to the left and not to the right.
Paul H

17th Nov 03 at 09:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine does exactly the same.mine is on 17" wolfrace.was gonna take it in to vaux as i have heard there is a problem with the c steering rack
Sjdickso

17th Nov 03 at 09:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers for that may just pop it to Vaux see what they say It will prob another standard fault
Red_SXi

17th Nov 03 at 10:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep, every corsa c i've known has had this problem. Usually the lower steering column section
ROBSTA

17th Nov 03 at 10:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive just had the same problem, ive got 17's
had a new gearbox and now that knocking noise is soooo annoying!!!
they cant change because its not a safety risk!!!!!
so customer relations here i come!!!!!
TOMAS

17th Nov 03 at 10:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

VAUXHALL have a BIG problem with this, a LOT of Vectra's had this problem, a lot of CorsaB and C too. Its the Universal joint/rack. Vauxhall do KNOW about it. They dont know what causes it but they have done a recall on a lot of the above cars and replaced the racks. My B which hasent had the recall has done this the same for 2 years now, not got any better or worse. Contact Vauxhall Recall line with your REG and VIN number and they will be able to tell you over the phone wether its had the recall or not. Good luck mate, dont really think its a safety issue, just annoying. When you take it in ensure it has STANDARD wheels on it otherwise they will do the usual and send you away. Good luck
Scotty_B

17th Nov 03 at 13:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Vauxhall told me it was not dangerous but design fault. It is just noisy nothing serious will happen, although it is bloody annoying.

They changed mine under warrenty even although it is lowered.

[Edited on 17-11-2003 by CorSRi_BT]

New Poll