corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Exhaust manifold question

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Exhaust manifold question
Neshol

User status: Offline
27th Oct 03 at 12:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My manifold is blowing, i'm wondering if I should replace it with a standard one or go for a performance one (ie. Lexmaul or similar). The engine is a X14XE, standard except for a panel filter and cat-back exhaust. Is it worth it, would I get any power gain at all with the existing setup? Cheers in advance.

Nesh
Greasemonkey

27th Oct 03 at 12:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

3-4 Bhp get a janspeed one they are mild steel and cheaper, Lexmaul are over priced at £300+, any one heard of BTB exhaust manifolds?
Andy

27th Oct 03 at 12:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There are good gains to be had from a better manifold, but to really get the best from them, you may have to invest in a programmable chip (such as a Unichip), which will enable you to adjust fuelling and timing
Andy

27th Oct 03 at 12:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Greasemonkey
3-4 Bhp get a janspeed one they are mild steel and cheaper, Lexmaul are over priced at £300+, any one heard of BTB exhaust manifolds?

BTB are superb, but not cheap. Quoted me £1000 for a custom built cat-back system (excluding manifold) Needless to say I declined their offer
Neshol

27th Oct 03 at 12:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lol, ouch. Probably wont be getting a mappable chip, as i'd rather save money for an engine conversion in the future rather than tune my 1.4. However if I can get 3-4 bhp from one I may as well, is this possible on its own?
Neshol

27th Oct 03 at 12:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also will it fit the existing downpipe?
Andy

27th Oct 03 at 12:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You'll get gains without an add-on chip - just not as much. As far as I know, the manifold should replace both your existing manifold and downpipe, but best to check with the suppliers about this

[Edited on 27-10-2003 by Andy]

New Poll