corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Autochanger Cable Routing (Corsa C)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Autochanger Cable Routing (Corsa C)
NormSXi

User status: Offline
24th Oct 03 at 19:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Firstly, I have a Y reg Corsa C SXi.

I've got my autoleads adaptor in the correct (earlier) silver for my car now, so i'll be looking at fitting my HU + Autochanger soon.

I want to put the autochanger in the boot, and am wondering where to run the cable.

Should I put it down the centre of the car or one of the sills? Passenger sill easier than drivers side I think

Will I have to take a/both seats out to get it under the carpet?

How will I get access from the floor to up behind where the radio is in the dash?

I thought i'd better ask for advice before grabbing a screwdriver and socket set and taking apart everything I can see inside the car to get access

Cheers,

Norm.
uprated

24th Oct 03 at 22:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

for mine i took the plastic off the passenger sill and popped the top of the rear card off the shell, then round the back of the rear seat and out through the little access hatch in the boot

[Edited on 24-10-2003 by uprated]
glasgow_corsa_c

25th Oct 03 at 10:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i jsut put the autochanger in my corsa c' glove box.
NormSXi

25th Oct 03 at 15:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've not looked to see if it will fit in my glovebox actually, if i put it in there i suppose it'll stop me filling it with shite like i usually do!

I guess the glovebox will be easier, i'll have to look into it.

Cheers guys

Norm.
Red_SXi

26th Oct 03 at 21:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you still want to put it in the back run the wires down one side of the car, the plastic seals just pop out, theres no screws involved and u certainly don't need to remove your seats.

Its really simply, and once you've done it once you will be suprised u never knew how to do it
uprated

27th Oct 03 at 11:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i didnt remove my rear seat to do mine, if you unhook the top of your rear seat like to lay it flat, youll find that the hinge can actually lift straight up, giving you about just over an inch of clearance between the bottom of the seat and the interior

New Poll