corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Mods Power Tripping...

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Mods Power Tripping...
the_legend_of_yrag

User status: Offline
25th Oct 03 at 19:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ffs first people moan about the shit on here, then when the mods get strict and delete people moan still, can't win really, imo the mods need to be getting stricter so it's a good sign...
kerzo

25th Oct 03 at 19:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

someone said it before can't remember who but basically why do people take this so seriously??
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
25th Oct 03 at 20:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Because its supposed to be a useful resource Kerzo, not a cure for boredom.
vibrio
Banned

25th Oct 03 at 21:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

then why is it just not FAQ and a help forum
Sooty
Banned

25th Oct 03 at 21:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Were forgetting, this websites audience is 75% under the age of 21... efficiency is the key... it seems sometimes post's only get moved to the apropriate forum if the poster is in dispute with a moderator...

Example, I joined puggtinet a while back, posted an engine question in their GC, it was moved to the apropriate forum witin literally 5 minutes, why cant we have that kind of efficiency here?

Im sorry but when I see someone like shelly with moderator stance, who is consantly in OD, cant she do more to warrant this position by moving some of the crap to that location? I mean if your going to actually be a moderator, cant you actually do something? or at least let someone who can.

Yes, some mods are on power trips, I think RA's latest comments have proven this.
PainZ

25th Oct 03 at 21:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sooty
Were forgetting, this websites audience is 75% under the age of 21... efficiency is the key... it seems sometimes post's only get moved to the apropriate forum if the poster is in dispute with a moderator...

Example, I joined puggtinet a while back, posted an engine question in their GC, it was moved to the apropriate forum witin literally 5 minutes, why cant we have that kind of efficiency here?

Im sorry but when I see someone like shelly with moderator stance, who is consantly in OD, cant she do more to warrant this position by moving some of the crap to that location? I mean if your going to actually be a moderator, cant you actually do something? or at least let someone who can.

Yes, some mods are on power trips, I think RA's latest comments have proven this.

This man speaks good shit!
J da Silva

25th Oct 03 at 22:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its all bollocks! BACK O THE NET
Ian
Site Administrator

25th Oct 03 at 22:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sooty, the problem lies more in the fact that people may be unclear where something best belongs. Its unfair to say that things like this are not jumped on, I have certainly moved threads in to C+W within a few minutes of them arriving.
kerzo

25th Oct 03 at 22:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Because its supposed to be a useful resource Kerzo, not a cure for boredom.

I can appreciate this but if this site was just a useful resource, which it still is IMO, then I don't think you would have the huge member numbers that we do because i believe that the banter that goes on in here really adds to the site. If you really want to find out something you will if you put it in the correct place ie Help forum or Ice etc as people dont go in there to piss about, they try to help out if they can.

Sooty
Banned

25th Oct 03 at 22:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

People post in GC for a number of reason's.... habit and more people use it than OD, i think most of the time its just mistake or pure accident.

Its all very well yourself moving them, but what about your staff? Do you communicate with the likes of shelly? Beardy etc?

I don't doubt your doing a good job, its just going to take time to hack it out.

This is vauxhall corsa website, the 17 year olds first car, its naturally going to attract a certain type of audience.
Drew
Banned

25th Oct 03 at 22:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i still dont understand why RA aint been banned for his personal attack on wot he said - is it a case of 1 rule for the majority and another for the mods?
Sooty
Banned

25th Oct 03 at 22:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He should not be mod, he's hardly ever here anyway
kerzo

25th Oct 03 at 22:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Sooty, the problem lies more in the fact that people may be unclear where something best belongs. Its unfair to say that things like this are not jumped on, I have certainly moved threads in to C+W within a few minutes of them arriving.

Perhaps a clearer definition of each forum or else a change such as car chat and then another forum for everything else, this will (hopefully) make it much clearer as to which forum to post in. IMO the way it is now, general chat and off day are far too similar.

The instructions given to the mods could be posted up for each forum as to what is allowed to be posted up, what will be moved and what will be deleted then there can be no complaints about what actions the mods take unless in the highly unlikely event that a mod has taken a grudge etc
Lynny

25th Oct 03 at 22:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

IMO, at the end of the day no matter how strict the mods are etc, they're still goina be people who post shite, cause arguements and generally lower the tone of the site, nothign can be done about it unfortunantly. however i do agree with whats been said about one rule for some members and a different rule for others, thats not really on and the fact that some mods on this site basically arent doing their job and adding to the crap being posted

[Edited on 25-10-2003 by Blode]
J da Silva

25th Oct 03 at 22:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the way i see it, for arguements sake a female member is in dispute with a male member, a few posts will abusive and so on...... a male mod will come straight to the aid of the female disputer, fannystruck
kerzo

25th Oct 03 at 22:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

from what i have witnessed it is the females who are easier offended not just on here but in life generally
Andy

25th Oct 03 at 22:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sooty has raised some excellent points. Personally I don't give a flying f@rt if a thread gets posted in the 'wrong' section. I do care when the so called moderators post abusive comments themselves in order to stir things up. Maybe we should should insist that all moderators have at least obtained a GCSE C grade or higher in moderation??
vibrio
Banned

26th Oct 03 at 09:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what did RA post?
Tiger

26th Oct 03 at 10:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Pepper
why dont people just stop posting such utter shit- then you wont need to change anyt

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Pepper
Why do i always get the retard shop assistant?

You stop posting shite first then everyone might follow
Andy

26th Oct 03 at 11:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by vibrio
what did RA post?

Some very unpleasant and personal remarks about Kerry
Sooty
Banned

26th Oct 03 at 11:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

+ CORSA NUT
kerzo

26th Oct 03 at 18:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tell us more
Ian
Site Administrator

26th Oct 03 at 19:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Blode
nothign can be done about it unfortunantly.
I disagree completely, there's all manner of ways around content that we're not happy with.

quote:
Originally posted by Andy
GCSE C grade or higher in moderation??
If such a qualification existed Andy, I'd be definately asking for it. Its quite a unique set of skills you'll agree.
J da Silva

26th Oct 03 at 19:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think the mods should be settin an example, if moderators dont want people getting abusive then they shouldnt be abusive themselves. few people mentioned romford astras comments and i cant see why just because hes a mod, he has power to be abusive to people

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Mods Power Tripping... 23 database queries in 0.0172219 seconds