corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Getting the dials out of a corsa C

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Getting the dials out of a corsa C
Melville

User status: Offline
19th Oct 03 at 22:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How is it done? I tried today and failed miserably!! I took off the surround to the steering column and took out teh screw at the top of the dials and it would only move slightly. I tried getting the panel off underneath that to see of there were any screws there but it would only budge a bit on the left side of the stearing wheel and no the right hand side.

Any ideas?
cheers
Mark
Scotty_B

19th Oct 03 at 22:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Give it a hefty tug, the dials are plugged in at the back. Can you wiggle the dials at all? If so then give it a tug it will come loose.

P.S. It's plugged in on the right hand side thats why you can't move it.

[Edited on 19-10-2003 by CorSRi_BT]
neiliosxi

20th Oct 03 at 08:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

U have to take the lot off mate, hardest part is the bit under the steering wheel. There are 2 screws behind this and must be removed. The actual dials unit comes out very easily.
Melville

20th Oct 03 at 08:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ah, I thought there was summit else holding it in, cos the top part moved freely. Any tips on how to get the right hand side of the panel off next to the light switch as it didnt seem to wanna budge!!
Scotty_B

20th Oct 03 at 19:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry mate didn't read your post properly. lol. You have to take the lower part off as well (the bit with the small pocket under the foglight switches) as there are 2 screws holding the dial surround on. Pull the dial surround out carefully so as not to scratch it, it a very tight squeeze. You should now be able to see the dial casing clearly. I'm not sure if there are any screws holding it in, after you remove the screws if there are any you should be able to give the dials a tug and pull the free. Be careful not to damage the plug connecting them to the dash.

Hope this makes sence.

New Poll