corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » My new car.......well chuffed :D (and its a Diesel!)

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author My new car.......well chuffed :D (and its a Diesel!)
Ditch

User status: Offline
15th Oct 03 at 11:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Daimo B
MattyB, yeah, more than likly will be down there parked up, chilling out. Flask of tea to keep DOn and me warm (dont knock it, it does the job )

I see you down southend in D4 on Saturday, you were havin a good look at the Astra coupe turbo i was parked up with as you went past (Mikey's gold one with black rims and graffix)

[Edited on 16-10-2003 by Ditch]
MattyB

15th Oct 03 at 12:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by vibrio
quote:
Originally posted by MattyB
I thought a turbo man would understand this better. This is not the same as giving a petrol car 25bhp, where it basically just adds to the power you recieve at high revs. -> But please also pay reference to the 30+lb/trq increase as well that was achieved. (std 142lb)

I dont no if u have driven a Pug with the D8A 1.9 DT engine in, but u will see as standard that the engine are very dyer(sp) as standard until around 2.5-2.8k. Then the turbo comes in with an almighty whack till around 4k-nice to have, but pretty useless all the same.

Now, since i had the fuelling and boost uprated, i've got boost all the way from 1.5k to 4.2k, meaning that rather than having to cog swap all the time to stay with in the small power bank, i can stay in gear alot longer. This in gear time has MASSIVELY increased in 2nd and 3rd, where i can pull low down all the way to the red line nearly, which is where the turbo now drops off (very suddenly).

The 0-60, has therefore been decreased by a very large amount. When i first drove it away from the garage, my mouth dropped as i couldnt believe the difference. It now feels like drivin a totally different car.

Matt

(can email u rolling road graph when i get in, as its saved there. Already scanned )

[Edited on 15-10-2003 by MattyB]

no I can see that you do not understand. even if you get 30lb ft extra at 2000rpm that does not make an extra 25hp. now while this mod will have improved the power and the performance of your car. I seriously doubt that it has managed to knock 3.5s off your 0.60. 10-10.5s yes sub 9s no. just wake up and smell the coffee

I will have to get it timed officially i think.

I did 3/4 timed runs to 65 when i first got the car tuned, but i've also had a couple of races that back up my figures. Now i believe a 1.4 16v corsa does 0-60 in what, 10.5 sec? Away from the dual carriageway lights on the A41 in Watford, my Pug managed to beat one to 60 pretty easily.

At the end of 1st gear, we were side by side, but as of 2nd gear that was it. Then when i dropped into 3rd around 45, i was again nicely into my turbo range, and he was about along way behind at 65. In all fairness he had a passenger, but i was running with just my ICE, and u can never judge properly in these circumstances, but i still know my car will do a sub 9 sec 0-60. I know of 6 other people on peugeot sport club site that have had exactly the same tune, and are running 8.5 - 9 sec 0-60. (Most of those on 17"s+).

Matt
MattyB

15th Oct 03 at 12:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And ur also not taking into account the difference in driveability of the car, coz u simply dont know the car, gearbox or engine set up on the pug.

As i've said, its not like its just whacked another 25bhp/30lb/torque on at 3k, coz fair enuff, that wud have made sod all impact. 0.5-1 sec maybe! The tune however, now makes the turbo now kicks in alot lower, and that i have got power all the way from 2k upwards. This also means when i jump up to the next gear, woteva situation i'm in, power is there ready. This has equated to 1 less gear change when accelerating to 60, which you know as well as me takes time.

anyway, it all adds up to a faster 0-60.

i will admit i am very wrong bout this if i get it timed officially, and it still proves to be a slow 10sec+ 0-60, but this is not the case. However, if the 0-60 does officially show up as sub 9 sec, then u'll say it was faulty equipment anyway, so

Matt
Daimo B

15th Oct 03 at 12:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ditch
quote:
MattyB, yeah, more than likly will be down there parked up, chilling out. Flask of tea to keep DOn and me warm (dont knock it, it does the job )

I see you down southend in D4 on Saturday, you was havin a good look at the Astra coupe turbo i was parked up with as you went past (Mikey's gold one with black rims and graffix)

That gold astras the daddies dingles Don and i both really like it, top brakes too

U see that smooth euro style nova down there? I liked that
vibrio
Banned

15th Oct 03 at 12:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
And ur also not taking into account the difference in driveability of the car, coz u simply dont know the car, gearbox or engine set up on the pug.

As i've said, its not like its just whacked another 25bhp/30lb/torque on at 3k, coz fair enuff, that wud have made sod all impact. 0.5-1 sec maybe! The tune however, now makes the turbo now kicks in alot lower, and that i have got power all the way from 2k upwards. This also means when i jump up to the next gear, woteva situation i'm in, power is there ready. This has equated to 1 less gear change when accelerating to 60, which you know as well as me takes time.

anyway, it all adds up to a faster 0-60.

i will admit i am very wrong bout this if i get it timed officially, and it still proves to be a slow 10sec+ 0-60, but this is not the case. However, if the 0-60 does officially show up as sub 9 sec, then u'll say it was faulty equipment anyway, so

Matt

if you get it timmed below 9s I'd be suprised.
MattyB

15th Oct 03 at 12:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Alrite - fair douz we'll leave it at that for now....till i can get to Trax

Nah maybe this big corsa track day thing u were organizing? Any news on that? York raceway get back to u?
Sooty
Banned

15th Oct 03 at 12:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes Ross, when is this, I am interested also
vibrio
Banned

15th Oct 03 at 12:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as I'm I but nothing so far

[Edited on 15-10-2003 by vibrio]
MattyB

15th Oct 03 at 12:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is it just me, or did that make zero sense.
Sooty
Banned

15th Oct 03 at 12:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

York is the best location, its slap in the middle... I hear they want silly money though
Sooty
Banned

15th Oct 03 at 12:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
is it just me, or did that make zero sense.

I understood it, but im used to his shite typo's he ment...

'I am looking forward to it also, but nothing new so far'
Marc

15th Oct 03 at 12:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just make sure u dont go in the right lane!!!!!!
Ditch

15th Oct 03 at 12:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Ditch
quote:

I see you down southend in D4 on Saturday, you was havin a good look at the Astra coupe turbo i was parked up with as you went past (Mikey's gold one with black rims and graffix)

That gold astras the daddies dingles Don and i both really like it, top brakes too

U see that smooth euro style nova down there? I liked that

Yeah im not usually a fan of graffix down the side of cars, but it really suits Mikeys car for some reason

A few people even asked if it came out of the factory like that!!!

Huge brakes are a must the way that thing goes!! its rapid and hes only done a few simple engine Mods!!

Did you see the silver coupe on 19s next to it?? Thats what i was in.... was well lean, half asleep on the Alacantara seats when i saw the D4 number plate!!!!

You see alot of novas down southend fella, dont tend to pay much attention any more!!!
valverguy

18th Apr 07 at 16:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

havent reallt read an awfull lot of this post. but enough to see that some people think diesels are slow etc. I gots me a skoda octavia ellagance. It has the 110hp engine. I have had tuning work carried out on it last year and its somewere in the region of 150BHP and near on 200lb of torque. It actualy has more torque than the gttdi golf. I swear the performance is blistering and it would easily take a petrol with the same bhp. It will do 140+ up thge motorway if i so wish and will get to 60 in around 7 seconds. Okay 7 seconds aint ferrari performance. BUT were it does come into its own is between 40-70 in 3rd there really isnt much that can touch it.

[Edited on 18-04-2007 by valverguy]
jr

18th Apr 07 at 16:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

[qoute marv]2003 called, it wants its post back[/marv]
Steve
Premium Member

18th Apr 07 at 16:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by valverguy
havent reallt read an awfull lot of this post. but enough to see that some people think diesels are slow etc. I gots me a skoda octavia ellagance. It has the 110hp engine. I have had tuning work carried out on it last year and its somewere in the region of 150BHP and near on 200lb of torque. It actualy has more torque than the gttdi golf. I swear the performance is blistering and it would easily take a petrol with the same bhp. It will do 140+ up thge motorway if i so wish and will get to 60 in around 7 seconds. Okay 7 seconds aint ferrari performance. BUT were it does come into its own is between 40-70 in 3rd there really isnt much that can touch it.

[Edited on 18-04-2007 by valverguy]

whilst i agree modern diesels are impressive, they can be also deceptive, the torque and short aggressive power band makes them feel faster than they actually are
John G

18th Apr 07 at 16:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr
[qoute marv]2003 called, it wants its post back[/marv]

where gettin more and more of these people doin this,
valverguy

18th Apr 07 at 16:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

didnt realise it was so old but still. i honestly dont think disels are respect'd enough nower days. There really are sopme performance ones knocking about. Steve i understand what your saying. but i know how fast it is coz i look at the clocks lol i know when you put your foot down in 3rd at 40 and your at 70-80 in a few seconds thats impressive.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » My new car.......well chuffed :D (and its a Diesel!) 23 database queries in 0.2077210 seconds