corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » need advice on corsa merit

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author need advice on corsa merit
B21pLaYa

User status: Offline
24th Sep 03 at 18:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

een looking for a car and seen that a few corsa's are goibng throught the auction 2moro

there 1.2i merit's and wanted some info on them

do they hve 4 or gears?

if 4, does it make any difference?

anyone got / had one?

what are they work. its a K reg, 71k, 3dr, blue,

please reply, really need info 2nite

cheers peeps
wainey

24th Sep 03 at 18:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

possibly got 4 gears as some early ones did, doesnt relly matter about the 4 gears just piss u off not having a 5th to go into im always trying for a 6th get em pretty cheap now, but its got decent mileage for its year!
B21pLaYa

24th Sep 03 at 18:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by wainey
possibly got 4 gears as some early ones did, doesnt relly matter about the 4 gears just piss u off not having a 5th to go into im always trying for a 6th get em pretty cheap now, but its got decent mileage for its year!

what do u rekon is a goos price to pay for one.

i was thinking about gtting up and going down to auction and if any good, putting a silly bid of a £300 - £400 in. if i get - im well happy

what u rekon?
B21pLaYa

24th Sep 03 at 18:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ALSO WHAT ARE THE E-DRIVE MODELS??

WHATS A 1.4LS WORTH?

THERE SEEMS TO BE 3 CORSA'S 2MORO AT BCA IN BIRMINGHAM
jparnell

24th Sep 03 at 19:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

to have a look at what car's are worth etc go to http://www.parkers.co.uk/pricing/used_car/
M4tt

24th Sep 03 at 20:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

e-drive models are the economy ones, ususally a 1.2 but even slower than the normal ones..... i would say avoid

if you can get the 1.4 LS, it isn't a powerful 1.4 like found in the sri's which is 82bhp. THe 1.4 LS has about 60bhp, but is a hi-torque engine - i would of thought it is better to drive than the 1.2.

i wouldn't have thought the 1.4 LS isn't worth n e more than a 1.2 LS at an auction.

the merit is bottom of the range and LS is the next up BTW - if you can a swing an LS for cheap its worth for the slightly better equip levels

[Edited on 24-09-2003 by M4tt]

New Poll