corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » 6x9 Mounting Position??

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 6x9 Mounting Position??
AdiSRI

User status: Offline
22nd Sep 03 at 18:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

At the moment i have 6x9's in a stealth shelf under the acoustic carpet but the sound is still very muffled and the bass seems to distort when the sub is up high.
Thusly i plan to move them somewhere else in the car and think in the rear interior quarter panels wud be the best bet. I now plan to build a fibreglass 'pod' onto the panel and mount the speakers on/in this.

Question is, for best sound etc... shud the pod be sealed or shud i cut the door card and allow the 'air' moved by the 6x9 to go behind the panel by the metal panel of the car??
Will the panel need any kind of support also to take the weight of the speaker / pod??

Any help or ideas wud be greatly appreciated or any pics from other people who have fitted 6x9's into rear quarters.
ajscorsa

25th Sep 03 at 12:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think marv with the green corsa van done this not intirely sure tho
chillout

25th Sep 03 at 14:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do wot i did mate if ur gonna fibre glass, as u lift the boot up theres a kind of panel inside, its carpeted as well i think, well take this out and fibreglass that bit so it can fit the two 6x9s this sounds really gud and also when you have ur boot open with people looking at it you will have the sound blasting down onto there head below and they will fink that its much louder if u know wot i mean mate! u can put them in the side panels which as above aj mentioned marv has done, that is easyily done just by ipping the card out and fibre glassing but i think that the bit ive done is cheaper and abit different to evrey body elses
just my opinion tho mate
AdiSRI

25th Sep 03 at 14:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know what u mean m8, but i'm not really worried about wat it sounds like when the boots open, i want it to sound good for me in the car!!!!

The whole reason i want to move the 6x9's is to get good clear sound from them as the shelf carpet muffles them, and putting them in the boot can only make this worse methinks.

New Poll