corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » PVD BFO Cone

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author PVD BFO Cone
Noonster

User status: Offline
19th Sep 03 at 13:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And does the pipe that goes to nothing now cause a problem?? Or is it not that important anyway??
matt_jonesuk

19th Sep 03 at 13:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont have one on my car
Paul H

19th Sep 03 at 14:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Noonster19
And does the pipe that goes to nothing now cause a problem?? Or is it not that important anyway??
the pipe is the original airfeed so instead of it going into your airbox it now blows cold air onto the bfo.i thought goldpenguin had a k&n on his.the car in his garage has got one on
R Lee

19th Sep 03 at 14:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chewbaccaman
quote:
Originally posted by Noonster19
the pipe is the original airfeed so instead of it going into your airbox it now blows cold air onto the bfo.i thought goldpenguin had a k&n on his.the car in his garage has got one on

not anymore, its poo! flat spots galore!
sucks in more hotair than cold,
had 2 airfeeds but still shit, so now i have a kn panel with drilled airbox. much better.
glasgow_corsa_c

19th Sep 03 at 14:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

gold [penguin??

>>i thot u had ur car lowered??

doesnt look low...

Space SXi

19th Sep 03 at 16:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get the BFO!!! Ive had mine for a while now and i love it ;p The sound it makes is worth the 70 notes alone imo. Ive got mine set up like red sxi`s (with the old air boxes air feed pipe) and ive had no problems with flatspots, even when sitting on the bastard M8 for ages ;p. Seriously just get one ;p

Anyone know whats best to use as a second air feed and where to run it from on a C sxi 1.2? Cos i hear the more cold air the better it sounds?

[Edited on 19-09-2003 by Space SXi]
R Lee

19th Sep 03 at 17:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by glasgow_corsa_c
gold [penguin??

>>i thot u had ur car lowered??

doesnt look low...

its lower than that by a little bit, its only lowered by 30mm aswell... i jacked up the car and i just changed wheels and didnt have chance to settle the suspension. with konis its a wee bit lower again.

[Edited on 19-09-2003 by GoldPenguin]
Noonster

20th Sep 03 at 23:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Space SXi
Get the BFO!!! Ive had mine for a while now and i love it ;p The sound it makes is worth the 70 notes alone imo. Ive got mine set up like red sxi`s (with the old air boxes air feed pipe) and ive had no problems with flatspots, even when sitting on the bastard M8 for ages ;p. Seriously just get one ;p

Anyone know whats best to use as a second air feed and where to run it from on a C sxi 1.2? Cos i hear the more cold air the better it sounds?

[Edited on 19-09-2003 by Space SXi]

Still not sure whether to get one, or take the cheaper option and just get a replacement panel filter??
broster
Premium Member

21st Sep 03 at 07:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ur not gunna get much power from the 1.2 16v if u get the bfo cone or drill the air box really, if u want ur car to sound nice an loud then get the bfo, it looks good an sounds good, drillin the air box looks standard, cant see the holes, but sounds a little louder, id get the bfo if i was u, its the loudest sounding cone out i think! just a few pipes runnin from the grill which will put cold air into ur cone!
ChazSXi

21st Sep 03 at 08:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wot about the piper X cone?!?
broster
Premium Member

21st Sep 03 at 08:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it aint as loud as the bfo one, an its smaller, if he wants looks an sound id get the bfo, but if u can afford it get the viper like me!
Paul H

21st Sep 03 at 08:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ChazSXi
wot about the piper X cone?!?
thats what iv'e got on mine.there not very loud but the car seems to run better

[Edited on 22-09-2003 by chewbaccaman]
SLSXi

21st Sep 03 at 09:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as above, for looks and sound, go with the BFO. noonster I have this on mine - see my garage!
it is quite loud and most of my mates comment on the sound every time they hear it!
fittings is fairly easy, took about 10 mins. I'm using 2 air feeds aswell. the original one like the pic above and the one that came with the kit. i fitted it to run down to the front grill next to the foglight. i dont notice any flat spots at all either
Noonster

22nd Sep 03 at 07:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well if I can get £70 then I think I might have to get one...... Not very good under the bonnet though, so might F*ck it up

Sure I can get someone to do it for me
Shauny9

22nd Sep 03 at 09:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If u have a backbox as well, does it sound even better, i have a powerflow rear box and this is loud on its own.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll