corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Has anyone ever bought any engine rebuild parts off SBD motorsport?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Has anyone ever bought any engine rebuild parts off SBD motorsport?
Gary GSi

User status: Offline
15th Sep 03 at 21:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i.e. pistons and stuff for a C20XE. Just want to know about the service and quality.
Any comments welcome.
miles

16th Sep 03 at 07:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've bought a few bits from them. Are you looking into high comp pistons and bits or standard stuff?
The service isn't bad and they deliver quickly, but if you return something they screw you over for 15%. I ordered my tb inlet manifold from them, it came and it was the parallel, not the angled one I expected, I told them when I ordered it that it was for a nova, and there was no way I'd be able to fit an air filter or trumpets of any length if I had used it. So I sent it back and argued with them but they weren't shifting and charged me 15% to return it, which I think stinks.

They also aint all that cheap for a lot of bits.
Gary GSi

16th Sep 03 at 20:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am putting a C20XE in my corsa. I bought a cheap Calibra for the engine but it's seen better days. I am gonna strip it down and inspect the bores and pistons before it goes in. If it needs new pistons i was gonna get some SBD motorsport high compression pistons with the deep valve pockets for extra clearence. Gonna get it bored out and get oversize pistons. Standard bore is 86mm pistons i want are 87.50mm. They are £370 a set.
Lisa

16th Sep 03 at 20:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i bought a 2nd hand sbd 164kit about 5 1/2 yrs ago. we had to do a few trips to sbd for stuff for them and had to have mapping and stuff done and found them to be really good and really helpful but like i say it is a few yrs ago now.
miles

16th Sep 03 at 20:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Try Speedex Pistons before you order through sbd, he makes his own, also makes flywheels etc for SBD so the pistons SBD sell might actually be his, unless they say they are omega's etc.

Phone him, Rob Speed Race engines, 01769 581031 say Miles gave you his number.
Gary GSi

17th Sep 03 at 20:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They are Omega's

New Poll