corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » corsa exhausts

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author corsa exhausts
BabyBlade

User status: Offline
7th Sep 03 at 09:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do they have any hooks in the centre section to lift the exhaust up because i've got a problem with the exhaust hitting the rear beam and the entire section seems to be relying on the one hook at the back on the back box and the connection to the cat?? any ideas?
Adam-D

7th Sep 03 at 10:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes jus by the cat there is two hooks
and there is two at the back box
Fraser Young

7th Sep 03 at 10:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Could get a couple wee bars welded half way up the centre section to the chassis... S'what I had done on mine...
Juha GSi

7th Sep 03 at 10:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

had the same problem, my rearbox had been slipping out from the connection, so try to push it if its loose. and push it back as far it goes. if your car is lowered much, might be something else...
BabyBlade

7th Sep 03 at 10:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh i had the problem and it was loose so i redone it and was ok for a short while but now its doing it again, will have a look. when u say push it back do you mean push it towards the engine or push it towards the back of the car, because it its to forward the rubbers slide off the exhaust as there are no stops on the pegs to prevent the rubbers slipping. will pull the exhaust as far to the back of the car as i can
Juha GSi

7th Sep 03 at 11:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

meaning that push the rearbox connection as far it will go on the centre pipe connection. cos if its loose the whole exhaust will drop and hit the beam.
and what it caused to me while it was hitting the rear beam,specially in big bumbs it had twisted, the centre pipe. so if centre pipe is hitting body, you might need to heat it and twist it in to near original.and what is good to check is the spanner,if its not a proper one, change it, many times will help.
mattyboy199

7th Sep 03 at 15:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It s a design fault the manifold mine hit even when is was nt lowered, when i lowered it, it was terrible, i rapped a rubber car mat round the beam zipp tied, its silent now, no probs. CHEAP AS CHIPS

[Edited on 07-09-2003 by mattyboy199]

New Poll