corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » cnetral locking and the boot :)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author cnetral locking and the boot :)
M4tt

User status: Offline
6th Sep 03 at 10:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i've got 95 SRi and its got central locking and a clifford alram.

no matter how i lock the car- with the alarm, or the key in the door, it never locks the boot leaving it open when the rest of the car is locked.

this ain't good cause i've only really just realised that i have to lock the boot seperately.

is mine broken or sumin, or is it supposed to work like that?

Matt
moddedcorsa

6th Sep 03 at 11:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

na, it should lock with the central locking as far as im aware (mine does any way)
Try taking of the interior trim pannel on the tailgate, and see if the solenoid is sticking, or the rod has come off.
MattyB

6th Sep 03 at 11:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

alrite mate,

when u lock the drivers door, both the passenger door, the bootlid and the petrol cap should all lock. Its possible the solenoid has broken, the linkages have broken or there is an electrical fault in the central locking loom running into the boot.

Take of the bootlid trim, activate the alarm and see what happens. If no movement at all in the boot, probably dead solenoid. Very each to get hold of in scrappy's.

(gimme a shout if u wanna location of a scrappy with 2 black SRi's in it )

Matt
MikeH

6th Sep 03 at 11:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does the boot lock when you turn the key in the drivers door?

Also if the petrol cap is affected too it might be a broken wire.

[Edited on 06-09-2003 by MikeH]
greengoddess

6th Sep 03 at 20:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

depending on the keyhole position in rear hatch lock you can set it to lock all doors, boot, petrol cap or just the doors leaving the boot to be locked separately.The lock position is either straight up or horizontal.
Savinforcorsaproject

6th Sep 03 at 21:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I gota nova and its dlocked on the boot aonly and flushed so no need to worrie but my m8s just had his boot done and b4 it didnt too weird?

M4tt

10th Sep 03 at 09:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers every1, forgot about this post

my fuel cap locks and there is no movement in the boot when i lock the car. tried the lock on the boot in different combinations but it still doesn't work.

probably a solenoid problem then, so if i was to get me boot lock removed with the wiper arm, i'd be getting rid of the solenoid for a diff one wouldn't i?

New Poll