corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Is something wrong with my suspension?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Is something wrong with my suspension?
Lazarus1

User status: Offline
13th Aug 03 at 01:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Every time i go into a sharp curve faster than normal,say 45ish mph there is a point of turning wich makes my steering wheel shake(vibrate) up and down in my hands.Now the car corners good but im woried,i don't know if something is fcuked?I don't know if i'm making any sense but this is my theory..Maybe i'm turnig the steering wheel too much and the car inertia pulls forward so it makes the tyres jump up and down so it's effecting the steering wheel and the whole suspension?I have -35mm springs and gas shocks with 195/50 tyres if that helps.
Thanks.
TOMAS

13th Aug 03 at 08:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Something loose maybe, suspension bottom bolts or maybe a bearing has gone?
Mistamist

13th Aug 03 at 08:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its called understeer matey!
Lazarus1

13th Aug 03 at 13:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok i understand that understeering means when the front tyres lose traction with the road before the rear does.But the car corners great...i mean it understeers at the very exit of the curve and at all time i have my foot to the floor on the gas pedal.Is this normal?What's your experience?
Gambit

13th Aug 03 at 14:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes that is normal
alcazar

7th Jan 08 at 17:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd be inclined to get a decent mechanic to check the front suspension, including track rod ends, ball joints, wheel bearings and bushes too

Alcazar

New Poll