corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Pioneer P6400 Direct Sub Drive

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Pioneer P6400 Direct Sub Drive
Rob H

User status: Offline
12th Aug 03 at 14:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Know its not ideal to run a sub off the head unit, but does anyone know how well it works. Should be getting a sub of me mate, but havent got an Amp for it, so was thinking of running it off the headunit for the time being. Basically all you have to do is alter one of the settings on the unit, and it turns the rear output (currently on my 6x9's) to a sub output. Just wondering if you put both +'s on the +'ve of the sub and the same for the negatives, or is there another way you do it?

Rob
Claire

12th Aug 03 at 18:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Erm - As far as i know that output still requires an amp. It just allows you to controll the sub from the headunit without altering the base etc to the speakers.
Scotty_B

12th Aug 03 at 20:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Correct Claire, exactly what I was about to say. I had the 7400 model which is the same only it plays MP3s as well. I used this to control the sub independantly from the front and rear outputs. Defo need an amp tho'
Rob H

12th Aug 03 at 22:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

"This units rear output (rear speaker leads output and RCA rear output) can be used for full range speaker or subwoofer connection. If you switch the rear output setting to the subwoofer, you can connect a rear speaker lead directly to a subwoofer without using an auxiliary amp."

Quoted from the operation manual for the HU.

Also

Maximum power output 50W x 4. For subwoofer (70W x 1 ch/2 Ohm)

Ohm rating means nothing to me though
Richie

14th Aug 03 at 02:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Basically it bridges the rear channels. 35WRMS, its pointless running a sub like that mate, and finding a 2ohm sub that runs at 35wrms,

New Poll