corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » seat belts

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author seat belts
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Offline
8th Aug 03 at 01:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I agree with some of the posts here, I feel strange driving without one. Plus the fact that in the majority of cases it is safer to wear one. There is the odd occasion when being flung from the car works out better but these are the exception rather than the rule.
DanielJ

8th Aug 03 at 01:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my m8 died wearin a seatbelt an the others who didnt wer ok
Munchie

8th Aug 03 at 01:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its like shagging a prosy without a johhny, u dont feel rite not wearing 1
wytey

8th Aug 03 at 02:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

imo seatbelts are safer than airbags, cept for that daft rear middle seatbelt....

m8 had an accident in december....on the way to the company xmas do, was really foggy, and I mean foggy, was driving too fast for the visibility, but he claims he was still in the speed limit , came to a t junction, saw it too late, and ended up skidding into main road, at that precise moment, another guy was also doing the same, driving too fast for the visibility, and hit his front end, totally mangled it, the airbag went off. he was in hospital for a day, and had to keep going back for check ups over the xmas period, coz the airbag had actually scorched the left of his face, including his eye they had him on painkillers, and lotions, to stop the eyelids healing n sealing his fine now tho, not even a scar, just his wounded pride
essexgirlracer

8th Aug 03 at 21:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

blimy thats nasty, but my mate regrets not wearing one now
Spence

8th Aug 03 at 23:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i agree wen me and foz went 2 mansfield 2 collect his bumper 4 his old corsa on the way bk we rolled the thing and he had more cuts n bruises than i did and he was wearing a seat belt unlike me!! plus we were doing 80mph at the time yeeeehah
RichR
Premium Member

9th Aug 03 at 08:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there was a huge shunt inbolving a fiesta in a village close to my g/f, basically it highlights how they can and are sometimes not as safe as r made out.
the fiesta was travelling at 75mph with a 17 year old - not experienced - driver. he was in a 30 zone when he touched the kerb; spun, lost control went through a bus shelter - stone wall and dropped at least 10 ft, rolling a coupel of times, into a field,
the driver who was the only one with a belt on lived
a rear seat female passenger without a seatbelt got thrown clear of the car and survived with minor cuts a bruises,
the front seat passenger and rear seat ( opassenger side) passenger died, neither was wearing seatbelts, one died at the scene, and one on route to the hospital
RichR
Premium Member

9th Aug 03 at 08:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

had it been that the girl in the rear was wearing one she would almost certainly be dead cause the rear of the car was so mangled, however had the driver not been wearing his - he would be dead to....
essexgirlracer

12th Aug 03 at 10:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats awful stuff like tha just makes u think bout the way u drive, was a bad crash in chelmsford other 2 dead one survived

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » seat belts 23 database queries in 0.0111790 seconds