corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Powerflow Exhausts

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Powerflow Exhausts
Dan B

User status: Offline
27th Jul 03 at 07:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know most people will now say "I told you so", but at the time, I'd heard more good reports about them than bad...

But, having taken mine off completely to get through MOT (it didn't have a cat, since mine was knackered when I had the exhaust put on), I can now agree with the people who gave bad reports of them.

After ordering, and paying for, a full stainless steel system with de-cat pipe, I actually got a full mild-steel system (which has rusted extremely badly, to the point where most of the exhaust is a dull flaky orange), and the de-cat pipe was a lazy job (one flange and one single straight-through pipe to the centre-section, rather than two bolt-in ends to easily replace a cat, which I've only just learned is the proper way to do a de-cat pipe).

Pics will follow later today, when I get the thing out of the boot of the car at home...

I now join the group of people who WON'T be recommending Powerflow to anyone......wish me luck in getting a full refund, or else Trading Standards will become involved.

[Edited on 27/07/2003 by Dan B]
CopyWrite

27th Jul 03 at 07:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so I take it PF are shit?
Dan B

27th Jul 03 at 08:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It might just be that branch (Burnley), I don't know, but I won't be recommending them to anyone else as a result......one branch brings down the reputation of the entire chain, in my opinion.
corsa120

27th Jul 03 at 10:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got a powerflow zorst system from ab motosport in leamington and o gotta say it is excellent quality and defo stainless as when u first got i jacked it up and did a little inspection coz for 350 quid i expect wat i pay for
all the welds are tidy and they give exact sound i wanted so to ab motorsport poweflow
Fraser Young

27th Jul 03 at 10:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have to agree with the above comment, I've got powerflow system and has been no trouble an exactly how i wanted it...
CopyWrite

27th Jul 03 at 11:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no one get a powerflow zorst from Burnly then!
shawboy

27th Jul 03 at 11:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i would recommend powerflow anyday to anyone. i paid £352 for mine and it was the best bit of money ive ever spent.
that was from hawlleys in sheffield.
Andy GSi

27th Jul 03 at 11:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'v had a Powerflow system for about two years now, and have had NO probs! its different outlets which r good and BAD, so its luck where u get urs done!
Dan B

27th Jul 03 at 19:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pics can now be seen here.
GLSi GUY

27th Jul 03 at 19:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how long have you had it on the car?
also when they fitted it, did you not say that you asked for a stainless not a mild?

NPac

27th Jul 03 at 22:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont u get a guarentee?? i got mine from ascar and u get a 25years guarentee!
will

27th Jul 03 at 22:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i've had mine for bout year and half now, paid £420 for it, good job but not to pleased with the welding,but its good enough for me.mine got through MOT with the De-CAT on on sat, by law aparantly my garage said "if the car comes in with no cat, if they are told, they can pass the car for emmisions".

Will
CopyWrite

27th Jul 03 at 22:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that really is a tragic collection of photos.
the welds look really shit aswell.
I'm sorry to know of ur misfortun with powerflow.
Dan B

28th Jul 03 at 00:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes, it's supposedly a life-long guarantee (which translates to "as long as you own the car"), but it's not even a year old yet.

At the time, the steel looked like it passed for stainless, and the centre-silencer and backbox even have "Stainless Steel" embossed in them......so I didn't really notice. Also didn't know what a proper de-cat pipe was, had just been told to ask for one by a few mates if I was removing my cat.

I told my garage it had no cat, they failed it on emissions......you must have a very very lenient garage, or a very clean engine.

New Poll