corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Help / Advice lumma sideskirts

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Help / Advice lumma sideskirts
jam

User status: Offline
26th Jul 03 at 15:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive just recvived some lumma gtc side skirt for a corsab and taken them to the bodyshop . But when me and the guy at the bodyshop offered them up to the car they just dont to seem to fit right . I understand that some sideskirts take a bit of fitting , but the guy at the bodyshop is very experianced . Iam not sure if there is a problem with the skirts or if i have some parts missing . To me the top lip does not seem to be right size and so it woulnt line up right with the arches .

So i was just wonder if ppl with lumma gtc side skirts . Could maybe tell me how u fitted them or if u had any real probs fiting em . Also did u get any brackets ???

Any help would much apricated as the shop i got them from dont think that there is a problem with them . I can see me losing £200 or paying for a lot or carraige

Thank You

jam
jam

26th Jul 03 at 19:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ttt

RichR
Premium Member

26th Jul 03 at 23:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u2u Stubbsy - he ahs the full GTC kit - dont think spraynique - who did my car, his and Jaffa's; amongst others so very experienced - had ne problems at all
Icy

27th Jul 03 at 00:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

iv got them but havent got em fitted yet
put them up against the car fitted ok

il post pic later that i took
jam

27th Jul 03 at 09:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well main prob with mine is that the top edge is too small (edge that ues to bond it to the car). So could u take a pic of top edge or tell me how thick it is . Beacues on my set the top has a cut out for the rear plastic arch , but does not hav a cut out for the front arch . And if u cut the arch way it will hang past the skirt . Also With archs taken off , when u hold my set agains the car with the bonding edge flat to the car the skirts dont hang striaght down the seem to hang more under car , like a 45 angle that at 90 angle to the car . Wich leads me to belive my sets top edge has had too much cut off or is not the right size.

Any help much apricated thx

jam

soz for big post , but i want me car back and i could do get this sorted

[Edited on 27-07-2003 by jam]
jam

27th Jul 03 at 14:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ttt
but i really need help with this
thx
jam
stubbsy

28th Jul 03 at 18:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bodyshop fitted my skirts but dont think that they had any problem at all, are they the origonal lumma ones or an after market copy of them?
jam

28th Jul 03 at 21:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They are the propper 1s coz they come with stickers . The guy at bodyshop said the skirts would not be imposible to fit , but if he fits them they will look shit and take a load of work .
Only thing i could ask is how big is the top egde of the skirts u hav . Does it line up with the archs ok ??? and did the skirts go over the archs or did the arch cut away???
Iam sending mine back . But the shop said if they think the skirts will fit ok . Then the skirts will be sent back to me and ill be charged for the p&p So i just want to make sure i got all my facts right . Befor i ring them back

thx for help

jam
Icy

28th Jul 03 at 23:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh ur not meant to put ur skirts so theyre lyin up against the sill
u need brackets made up i want mine stickin out a bit
heres pic when tried them up against the car aaaaaaaages ago

stubbsy

29th Jul 03 at 07:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats the best pic i have of the skirts.

[Edited on 29-07-2003 by stubbsy]
jam

29th Jul 03 at 17:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

humm i dont know what to think now . Iam not sure if there are right or not . TBH i thought getting the lumma skirts (£200) over some cheaper 1s . They would be a good fit . Icy where u going to cut way ur arch then or cut away the skirt ??

thx for help
jam

New Poll