corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » direct line insurance suck, PVD rock

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author direct line insurance suck, PVD rock
Bonzai

User status: Offline
   7th Jul 03 at 22:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ordered lowering springs from PVD on saturday, asked direct line what my insurance would be like if i carried out the mod and they told me if i were to have my car lowered id have to look for another insurer they must think im made of money. anyway, i called PVD and they cancelled my order with no hassle what so ever, so thumbs up to the guys and girls at PVD and a big thumbs down to direct line who wont let anyone under 25 declare mods on their policy
wytey

7th Jul 03 at 23:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sucks dunnit.... which reminds me, got an answering machine from the insurance company regarding my mods................. will find out morrow whether it is a yay or nay, and if yay how bloody much more

might be worth looking at another insurance company..... thats what I'll be doing if they say nay
Corsa_Ash

8th Jul 03 at 00:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Haha! Gutted ppl! Foned my insurance company 2 tell them bout springs ive had fitted & wheels im gettin but guess wat......doesnt cost me a penny xtra! Haha! Gd ol' Liverpool Victoria
wytey

8th Jul 03 at 00:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

was spose to give em a call yesterday morning..... but I woke up at 3pm, and needed to refit the std airbox and hu..... the hu was a right pain

gonna give my insurers a call in the morning to see what the crack is, if not good enuf, then I'll give Liv VIc a call.... but come renewal time if I stick with em, unless they give me a cheap ass renewal, they can gtf

btw, when they phoned me earlier to clarify sum bits, they asked me what an induction kit do.....

with the ban going out of the equasion next yr, n hopefully 1yr ncb, I feel it should be much much cheaper arghhh gutted... ban doesn't come off license till Nov, insurance will be up in june
Bonzai

8th Jul 03 at 14:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well if livepool victoria werent so crap for me on standard insurance maybe id be with them now and have a slightly modded car, bu as it is i have an SP30 coming my way so i cant be arsed to change my insurance right away. will have to re-assess the situation in a few months
Gambit

8th Jul 03 at 14:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by lordbonzai
ordered lowering springs from PVD on saturday, asked direct line what my insurance would be like if i carried out the mod and they told me if i were to have my car lowered id have to look for another insurer they must think im made of money. anyway, i called PVD and they cancelled my order with no hassle what so ever, so thumbs up to the guys and girls at PVD and a big thumbs down to direct line who wont let anyone under 25 declare mods on their policy

nothing like doing things arse about face
chris_uk
Premium Member

8th Jul 03 at 14:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im dreading october wen i find out how much my insurance is gunna cost.. i had to claim earlier on in the year and i dunno how much i should expect it to be... im currently paying 1700 with vaux with 500 knocked off. (1.2 16V)
Bonzai

8th Jul 03 at 14:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gambit
quote:
Originally posted by lordbonzai

nothing like doing things arse about face

quality mate, was all in a last minute rush at max power live, i literally ordered the springs as the halls was closing.
dannycorsa c

8th Jul 03 at 16:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats bollocks coz my mate had his fiesta wiv direct line and it was lowered which he never told them about when his car got wrote off they give him xtra money for his springs and zorst!also hacd alloys which he didnt tell them about
--DAN--

8th Jul 03 at 17:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got all my mods declared with Direct Line, no problems
Bonzai

8th Jul 03 at 17:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well woman i spoke to said they only insured people over 25 with declared mods. cant explain your experiences and certainly cant deny them, its a mystery...
--DAN--

8th Jul 03 at 17:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had the same with CIS, loadsa people said they had their mods covered, yet they told me that I could only insure the base car with them and that mods would not be paid out for
dannycorsa c

8th Jul 03 at 17:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

go wiv tesco like me.cheeper if u buy online
Bonzai

8th Jul 03 at 18:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive had so many people say go with tesco its just not funny. tesco were another 70 odd quid for me and plus ive heard they are a cack insurance company, then again ive heard they are a sub company of direct line. so i dont know what to believe. anyway i made up my mind and i will reconsider my options when i have my current problems sorted out
dannycorsa c

8th Jul 03 at 18:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im fully comp with them on my corsa C when i rnewed i was 19 n had 2yrs ncb and it was just under 1200 n then i told them bout my allys AND SUSPENSION AND ITS NOW 1400
GONNA GO WIV LIV VICTORIA NEXT YEAR OR FRIZZELS
Garnz

8th Jul 03 at 18:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm with direct line now i only pay £500 for my 1.2 8v with 1yr NCB i asked about a zorst they sed an xtra £50 and then i asked about standard alloys they said i cannot modify my car till i'm 21!!! 2 different phone operators. Strange
Black Corsa SRi

8th Jul 03 at 19:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa-dan
I had the same with CIS, loadsa people said they had their mods covered, yet they told me that I could only insure the base car with them and that mods would not be paid out for

thats very wierd i got my car insured with them and all i gotta do is tell em the new value of hte car with mods etc (everytime i do somethig) and as long as i got reciepts they'll pay out fo them!
wytey

8th Jul 03 at 23:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

current insurers won't allow mods they found sum1else who would...frigging wanted £600 just for a induction kit and aftermarket steering wheel...so I dread to think how much they would want for the rest

so promptly got on the buzzer to Liv Vic.... that phone call lasted all of like 2 minutes.... took my address, my personal details...then asked...have you been banned in the last 5 yrs.... which I have....for speeding then told me they won't insure ppl with bans with the last 5 yrs

so it looks like I'll be putting the mods off for yet another yr
3CorsaMeal

9th Jul 03 at 09:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ain't read everything, but i'm 21yrs and declared mods with direct line when i was 18yrs
elfunkyo

9th Jul 03 at 09:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had my car with a number of mods declared insured through Direct Line for 3 years from my 19 birthday

[Edited on 09-07-2003 by elfunkyo]
JJ

9th Jul 03 at 10:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Elephant.co.uk are not bad for mods, only charged me an extra 10 quid on me renewal.
Bonzai

9th Jul 03 at 14:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

maybe direct line base their policy on modding on other factors aswell, such as wher u live and if ure car has good security or not. aparantly i live in one of the highest crime coded areas (CF23) and i have no alarm (yet to be fitted)

New Poll