corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Declaring Modifications

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Declaring Modifications
Thoday

User status: Offline
   18th Mar 04 at 17:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

DO NOT DO IT!

For those of you are pay ur insurance on the basis of a like - for - like basis.. do not expect this to be the case.. esp with LV, AF and HIC and the likes

chat bollox

Its not the broker who offers u a sum on the value of ur car.. its the actual insurer... and they judge it on an engineers report and the standard value

i had £1000 worth of mods declared.. even tho they were much much more but i have been offered nowt for it

even tho its in writing.. £1000 worth of mods..
with tesco and direct line.. u have to declare to make the insurance valid... but its no to a value.. with the above companies its ment to be like4 like

LIKE FOOK IS IT!

ur best off goin with direct line or tesco at least u then geta better service when u have an accident even when its not ur fault..
RichR
Premium Member

18th Mar 04 at 17:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

HIC offer an agreed value policy which I have - I had to proove the car was worth £4500 - with reciepts/photos/bodyshop used for the work etc

and They send a certificate of value out - which is valid for 1 year and is the amount agreed upon b4 a claim.

so in some cases do it.
Thoday

18th Mar 04 at 17:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LiVe LeE
HIC offer an agreed value policy which I have - I had to proove the car was worth £4500 - with reciepts/photos/bodyshop used for the work etc

and They send a certificate of value out - which is valid for 1 year and is the amount agreed upon b4 a claim.

so in some cases do it.

fooked me off.. cos i said about this and was told dont worry.. its there in writing on the certificate of insurace..

yes i have to do the same... provide pics and receipts.... but dnt have much as not all of it was brand new parts
antz1

18th Mar 04 at 17:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not bein stupid mate but does that mean they hav fuct u ova???????? so wots goin on then?
vibrio
Banned

18th Mar 04 at 19:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by cheakycharlie
DO NOT DO IT!

For those of you are pay ur insurance on the basis of a like - for - like basis.. do not expect this to be the case.. esp with LV, AF and HIC and the likes

chat bollox

Its not the broker who offers u a sum on the value of ur car.. its the actual insurer... and they judge it on an engineers report and the standard value

i had £1000 worth of mods declared.. even tho they were much much more but i have been offered nowt for it

even tho its in writing.. £1000 worth of mods..
with tesco and direct line.. u have to declare to make the insurance valid... but its no to a value.. with the above companies its ment to be like4 like

LIKE FOOK IS IT!

ur best off goin with direct line or tesco at least u then geta better service when u have an accident even when its not ur fault..

no those insurance company's you mentioned don;t replace aftermarket parts. they only put OE parts back on. my insurance through greenlight replace my modified parts in the event of a crash
Thoday

18th Mar 04 at 19:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

was told they pay like 4 like hence y i went with them rather then other insurance companies

any yes Vibs HIC was one of them..

they are just offerin me a crap amount compared to my declared value and the listed mods..

so iv asked for extra £ or the car back
antz1

18th Mar 04 at 19:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

unkucky mate! i just got a quote of liverpool victoria tpft £1196 with all mods declared is this good am 19 with 1yrs no claims bonus
Meat-Pie-SRI

18th Mar 04 at 19:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
DO NOT DO IT!

Yeah good idea!!! then when they come to see your car, it won't be what you insured and they won't have to pay out at all!!

I feel you have given poor advice!
Thoday

18th Mar 04 at 19:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Meat-Pie-SRI
quote:
DO NOT DO IT!

Yeah good idea!!! then when they come to see your car, it won't be what you insured and they won't have to pay out at all!!

I feel you have given poor advice!

No i am basing this on lik4like mod declaring..
if i had totally stripped my car b4 they owed it away then wot wud they have done? moaned at me 4 strippin it and voided the insurance ne way.

u just cant win
Paul H

18th Mar 04 at 19:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if they repaired then you would get like 4 like but because they are paying you out they only give you market value for the mods
vibrio
Banned

18th Mar 04 at 19:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
was told they pay like 4 like hence y i went with them rather then other insurance companies

they are just offerin me a crap amount compared to my declared value and the listed mods..

well what you should be gettign it the cash for the market valve of the car plus cash for the mods then
Thoday

18th Mar 04 at 19:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by vibrio
quote:

well what you should be gettign it the cash for the market valve of the car plus cash for the mods then

yes SHOULD

but iv been offered £2200 which is approx the Parkers value standard.. so no mods have been paid for..

Paul H

18th Mar 04 at 20:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but do they actually pay you for mods in the event of the car being written off or do they just give you like for like parts if the car is repaired???you know what insurance companys are like
Thoday

18th Mar 04 at 20:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chewbaccaman
but do they actually pay you for mods in the event of the car being written off or do they just give you like for like parts if the car is repaired???you know what insurance companys are like

doubt they wud give the parts.. just money to value they are worth now

trouble is they are not..i have the guys name i bought insurance off.. and writin sayin £1000 worth of modds declared

wot gets me is my insurance arent paying 4 it its hers the 3rd party..ok they have to claim it back.. but its not like im askin for £5k for the car.. merely £500- £1000 for the mods that iv lost as a result of her stupidity

gna demand car back and thus i can then sell the stuff can make back the £1k that way.. bumpers.. doors.. wheels..smooth boot etc
nickyboy01

18th Mar 04 at 20:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You wont get the money for the mods unless you have an agreed value for the car.

And telling people not to declare their mods is a stupid thing to do as its illegal
Thoday

18th Mar 04 at 21:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nickyboy01
You wont get the money for the mods unless you have an agreed value for the car.

And telling people not to declare their mods is a stupid thing to do as its illegal

above^^^
was told the agreed value was stated in certificate of insurance.. where it says.. value.. and underneath mods value

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Declaring Modifications 22 database queries in 0.0125351 seconds