corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Insurance on a 2.0i 16v Corsa

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Insurance on a 2.0i 16v Corsa
Sir_Mixalot

User status: Offline
23rd Jun 03 at 01:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hey.
recently got my corsa transplanted with a red top (2.0i 16v). Just wondered where people recommend is the best place (best meaning cheapest) to insure this? Car was a 1.2 LS from 95. Other mods are lowered 30mm and 15's. I am 18, passed my test less than a year ago, live in a low crime postcode, and have no convictions or points or anything like that. Nearly have 1 years NCB, but i have done pass plus as well.

I would ring round for quotes rather than ask here, but i got fed up with "we won't touch modified cars", "sorry we don't insure drivers less than 21 years old", and a host of other bermused responses from the people on the other end, unable to understand the concept of a transplant bigger than what the manufacturer makes for the car.
Cavey

23rd Jun 03 at 01:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lots of money, pass plus ain't worth anything in 90% of companies

I don't think many places will touch you without having to pay alot, Mayfair, CIS and Liverpool Victoria seem the best/most popular though if it's any help ?
Sir_Mixalot

23rd Jun 03 at 01:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Has anyone else got insurance on their 2.0 transplant? and if so how much they pay and were did they go?
corb

23rd Jun 03 at 03:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£1500 tpft i got quoted. all mods declared, me as registered keeper etc. amd its my 1st personal policy. Im 19

that was adrian flux

[Edited on 23-06-2003 by corb]
Daimo B

23rd Jun 03 at 08:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was getting quotes of about £1300tpft when i was 20. Adrian Flux (Wankers) usually give the best quote, but dont crash
big eck

23rd Jun 03 at 08:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£765 fc with cis 1yr NCB
Tim
Site Administrator

23rd Jun 03 at 08:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Try tesco too -- they gave me a reasonable quote for mine -- have to call them though for transplant -- just ask for a percentage power increase...
Jambo

23rd Jun 03 at 09:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To be fairly honest mate, a transplanted engine with no NCB and your only 18 and only passed your test for a year? Their going to rape you for the insurance.

Im 20 and have 3 years NCB and most companies wont even touch me for things like Golf GTis etc, so i hold your chances err.... expensive?

big eck

23rd Jun 03 at 09:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The engine will take the car upto an insurance group 15, so its gonna be a pretty steep premium cause of your age.
Tim
Site Administrator

23rd Jun 03 at 09:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I suppose insurance was an after-thought as you've already had the transplant done?
Ojc

23rd Jun 03 at 09:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can get you a dodgie cover note for £100
Sir_Mixalot

25th Jun 03 at 01:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well really the transplant was the key, the insurance really is something to go over later. I thought about keeping it as a 1.2, and just living with a heavier wallet and a little bit of risk. I know if i have an accident i am fooked, but i figure they will only be looking at the engine in a serious accident, in which case i will probably be dead anyway in my 2 star corsa (so chances are very minute obviously, because i am too young to die)
Makarus

25th Jun 03 at 01:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Your wrong, even if you have a small bump and work needs doing to fix it anyone will notice you have a 2.0 16V under there rather than a 1.2. Also if you smash into someone else's car then they will have to carry the claim until it all goes through the courts to get you done for criminal damage.

If your going to do it then do it right, I am having a problem at the moment trying to get cover for a 2.0 16V conversion, but I wont go ahead with it until I know that I have got cover for it.
Corsa666

25th Jun 03 at 01:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When i was thinking about this my insurance was going to go from £500 to £900 from a 1.2 sxi to a 2 litre

and Makarus is correct !!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Insurance on a 2.0i 16v Corsa 23 database queries in 0.0138369 seconds