corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » How do i find out which engine i have?!!?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author How do i find out which engine i have?!!?
Bonus

User status: Offline
9th Jun 03 at 20:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok, im having problems getting bits for my 95 SRI. Its a 1.4 16v.

A new engine was fitted by vauxhall in 98 to the car, so im starting to think that the new engine is not the same as an original 95 engine as the parts im told will fit my 95 car, dont fit.

Is there any way with either the chassis number or engine number i can find out what version of engine i have in the car?! Or any ideas what it could be. I know for a fact its a 1.4 16v, but are there different versions?!

Many thanks.
Lisa

9th Jun 03 at 20:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have a look on the edge of the gearbox underneath the right hand side of engine as you look at it there might be a engine number there.near the fan.
Bonus

9th Jun 03 at 20:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have both numbers already from the Reg doc. Is there a way to work out what engine it is from them??
Lisa

9th Jun 03 at 21:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

take a certain part off and see what car vauxhall list that part for ,eg dis unit.
Bonus

9th Jun 03 at 21:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If i pop into vaux 2moro will they be able to tell my from their database if i give them the eng number do u think?
Lisa

9th Jun 03 at 21:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

try getting them to plug tech 1 or tech2 not sure which one it is, into your car it should give you details you need.
bluecorsaSXi

9th Jun 03 at 21:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they should be able to find out what engine was put in by lookin up your engine number off your registration on their database!!!! i had to do this with my prelude, as ive had the same problems!!!
if that dont work, get them to go to your car and read the engine code off the cylinder block, should be just under the head gasket seam!!
J100RSA

9th Jun 03 at 22:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if it s a 1.4 16v it will be a x14xe

New Poll