corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Speaker Size?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Speaker Size?
Matt.H

User status: Offline
3rd Jun 03 at 07:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can anyone tell me what size the standard front speakers are in a 97 sport...cheers
Trotty

3rd Jun 03 at 07:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I assume you want to know so you can replace them?

If so, you can fit 16.5/17cm speakers with some adaptors from Autoleads. Or bigger still if you want to make door builds...
Matt.H

3rd Jun 03 at 07:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah...i wanna swap them for some Audiobahn's. I've seen what i like but in 5 1/4". What would go in as a direct replacement?
Aussie GSi

3rd Jun 03 at 11:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey fellas

You've just gotta watch the depth of the speakers man. I wanted 16cm splits, but ended up with 13cms, cos all the 16's I looked at were too deep. If they're too deep, they'll hit on the window glass guide. I'm still very happy though! I've got a set of Pioneer Bullets (the blade series). Sound great.

With the Autoleads adaptors, I think 58mm (from memory) was just about maximum.

I also had to modify the inside of the trim panel/grill, as to gain clearance for the rubber surround of the speaker. Just used a stanley knife to trim some of the plastic away off the vertical grill supports (you'll know what I'm talking about when you remove the trim panel, and look at the back of the grill, the vert slats).

Hope this helps.

C

[Edited on 03-06-2003 by Aussie GSi]

New Poll