corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Temp Sensor and Idle Control Valve ????

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Temp Sensor and Idle Control Valve ????
Karnage Corsa

User status: Offline
18th May 03 at 14:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fitted a new bumper yesterday and the Temp sensor has gone off for some reason can someone please tell me where the switsch is located so I can sort it out, also need to sort the idle revs out cos its running far too low around 700 revs, its a 94m reg GSI would appreciate it if n e one could give me advice, someone suggested cleaning with wd40 a while ago but I have forgot where the actual idle valve is many thanks, Paul...
Karnage Corsa

18th May 03 at 15:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

come on people need this sorting
Karnage Corsa

19th May 03 at 16:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right sorted the temp sensor now if n e one can help me with the idling problem I would appreciate it its revving at 700 when It used to be about 900 please help me guys and gals thanks Paul...
moddedcorsa

19th May 03 at 17:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just adust the throttle cable, couple of turns on the adjuster nut thing, sorted
Karnage Corsa

19th May 03 at 17:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I aint exactly a pro so where exactly on the gsi engine is this mate what do I have to do exactly could go and do it now
moddedcorsa

19th May 03 at 18:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its very easy, ill just try find a pic of a gsi engine so i can explain

Found 1.
Right this pic is of a gsi engine with a velos torque tube fitted (basically a different in-let manifold which isnt as restrictive = giving more power)
c on the side of the tube the cable, this is what you are looking for (it wont be exactly the same as ure engine is std, but it will very similar)

wind the cable in to effectively make it longer and raise the idle speed. (just like adusting the brakes on a bike)

heres a pic of a std gsi engine

the throttle cable should b located under the aluminium bit that looks like 4 pipes coming fron the top of the engine

hope this helps,

[Edited on 19-05-2003 by moddedcorsa]

[Edited on 19-05-2003 by moddedcorsa]
MikeH

19th May 03 at 19:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

erm if you adjust the throttle cable so that it actually starts the engine with revs on you might find problems with starting the car.

Mine would caugh and splutter if it was started with revs on after i took the slack out of my cable.
Karnage Corsa

19th May 03 at 20:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so do I do it then or not fellers ? someone said a while ago clean some point with wd40 what would that of been ? cheers for the help guys thanks for the trouble u have been to
moddedcorsa

20th May 03 at 17:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah, i should b ok mate, my car was idleing way 2 high, bout 2k and it started fine no probs at all, i adusted it cos it was annoying, and wasted fuel.
187_dragon

21st May 03 at 10:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Youve probably already sorted this problem, but if its still doin yer nut, try this. my gsi on a '93 l-plate started playin silly buggers with its tick over. my mate suggested resetting the ecu. just disconeect the battery +ive terminal for more than 60 minutes (i did it for 70 to be safe). then reconnect, start the car BUT DO NOT TOUCH THE THROTTLE, for about 10 seconds the engine will cough and hack, this is the ecu recalibrating. after the ten or so seconds the tick over should be normal once more! MINTA!

New Poll