corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Driving in Europe post Brexit.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Driving in Europe post Brexit.
Tiger

User status: Offline
15th Mar 18 at 12:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Seems like the uk driving license won’t be valid in Europe after Brexit.

https://www.petrolprices.com/news/uk-licences-not-accepted-brexit/

We’ll be having to apply for International Driving Licences.

Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
15th Mar 18 at 16:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lets wait until it happens to worry, lots of shit being spoken about what may or may not happen.
Tiger

15th Mar 18 at 16:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I hope we stop all the foreigners driving over here in shoddy cars and dodgy trucks as knock for knock.
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

15th Mar 18 at 17:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Doubt it, non-EU drivers can drive on their 'home' license for upto 12 months of being in the UK, which I would imagine fits in with EU law, so unless the EU are going to specifically ban UK licenses then, at worst, it'll just be another 'non-EU' license and will fall under the same legislation. If you're living in the EU for more than 12 months you'll possibly need an EU license but if you've gone through the hassle of a move to another country then passing another driving test shouldn't be much of a drama.
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
16th Mar 18 at 19:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Particularly as your MOT will have expired by then so you'll need to come home anyway. I know also in Spain you can't spend too long on your domestic registration, they want it re-registering as a Spanish car after 6 months I think. Licence will be the least of your worries if you're planning to spend that length of time abroad.
3CorsaMeal

22nd Mar 18 at 09:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TTT
Jed D

28th Mar 18 at 16:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Lets wait until it happens to worry, lots of shit being spoken about what may or may not happen.

meanwhile, in Russia
3CorsaMeal

29th Mar 18 at 09:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have an idea that we make steering wheels from pork and bacon to stop these terrorists using vehicles to run people over
SetH

22nd Feb 23 at 20:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
I have an idea that we make steering wheels from pork and bacon to stop these terrorists using vehicles to run people over

How did I miss this? FMPSL

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Driving in Europe post Brexit. 23 database queries in 0.0086150 seconds