corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Wireless TV -> Wired PC tech question

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Wireless TV -> Wired PC tech question
richardworrall
Premium Member

User status: Offline
30th Jun 16 at 11:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bit of a technophobe question here.
Can my Sony Bravia wireless TV (Kodi) be setup to read the HDD or connected USB drive of my wired win7 PC by setting up a home network etc?
If so can someone explain in simple terms how to do it. Getting fed up of constantly having to move the USB drive from PC to TV to watch downloads.
DaveyLC

30th Jun 16 at 11:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

MY LG does this so I'm sure your sony will?
Neo

30th Jun 16 at 11:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=63123
richardworrall
Premium Member

1st Jul 16 at 16:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok, can just about work out the technical stuff for sharing the PC side of things. How does Kodi know where to look for the USB drive, are there step by step menus as to setting that up cus that website looks like a foreign language to me
craig8
Premium Member

3rd Jul 16 at 17:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I use Universal Media Server on the laptop, specify which folders you want to share on the network then on the TV just connect to the server and stream whatever you need. It's a pretty basic setup and needs rebooted occasionally but it does the job without much messing around

E36 328

New Poll