corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Refurbishing wheels in Anthracite

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Refurbishing wheels in Anthracite
oJNAo
Premium Member

User status: Offline
14th Mar 16 at 11:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Getting a new set of wheels friday and intend to refurb them myself and spray them Anthracite.

They're currently white and have had a bad job on them so are peeling from not enough prep. Will I need to sand them down to bare metal to get a good finish?

And am I correct in grey primer, anthracite, then clear coat or will I need etch primer for the first few layers?
oJNAo
Premium Member

18th Mar 16 at 16:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone able to help?
tom_simes
Show Staff
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

18th Mar 16 at 17:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd be sanding down to the last good coat if it was me, although ideal would be to get them shotblasted/acid dipped and start afresh using exactly what you've said.
oJNAo
Premium Member

18th Mar 16 at 18:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by tom_simes
I'd be sanding down to the last good coat if it was me, although ideal would be to get them shotblasted/acid dipped and start afresh using exactly what you've said.

Thanks, I got them today and they have had a really shitty spray job done

I was more concerned about what colour primer etc to use though and couldn't find anything on the forums

New Poll