corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Orange GT86 thread new mods and wheels

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Orange GT86 thread new mods and wheels
Kyle T
Premium Member

User status: Offline
17th Mar 16 at 01:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal

Out of interest how do you choose between the subaru BRZ and the GT86?

I think part of the Toyota/Subaru agreement was that distribution of each model was controlled in each territory. In the UK, (many) more GT86s needed to be sold than BRZs. As a result, BRZs now command a bit more on the used market.

In the US for example, the Scion (toyota) ones are much rarer than the Subaru ones.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
gavin18787
Premium Member

17th Mar 16 at 21:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
I'm looking at this now

http://usedcars.toyota.co.uk/used/GT86/2.0/Lancaster-Toyota-Chelmsford/Chelmsford/3400016-605528577-1323167.aspx

Is just up the road from me. Not sure what my A3 is worth trade in.

Edit, link seems unclickable, basically a black gt86

[Edited on 16-03-2016 by 3CorsaMeal]

[Edited on 17-03-2016 by Ian]

Not bad. Little pricey but that's the trade off of buying through Toyota. Great dealership though that one. Were very helpful when I was looking and let me have a couple of long test drives etc.
Same spec as mine minus the heated seats and part leather.
They do look good in black but I wasn't brave enough to get a black car.

Difference in Toyota and subaru is mainly the styling. Different bumpers and brz doesn't have built in dlr and they are separate in the bumper. Interior is generally less specced up with options too. Damping is different too. Brz is supposed to me more pointy and the gt86 more soft and tail happy.
A lot more choice in gt86 land and more dealers. Brz does look good in the WRC blue though

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
gavin18787
Premium Member

17th Mar 16 at 21:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Went up to thetford on a day off mid week for some mtb action on my day off. Enjoyed the gt86 on some good roads too. Spot on for country road blasting

Nic Barnes

17th Mar 16 at 21:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does it fit in the back ok?
gavin18787
Premium Member

17th Mar 16 at 22:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yer fine. With back seats down you get a flat load area which is longer then the civics

gavin18787
Premium Member

15th Apr 17 at 21:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Haven't up dated this in a while

Changes are:

Got a da polisher and gave it full correction with meguires 2 step polishes. No more swirls and came up well.

-ebaich pro springs (-20mm)
-ebaich camber bolts and adjusters
-rota pwr wheels 18x8.5 with 225/40 yokohama advan sport tyres

Managed to pick up a nearly new set of spring and adjusters via ebay for 90 quid.

Fitted them myself. So easy working on a new car when nothing is seized

Enjoyed it for 6 months whilst trying to decide what wheels I wanted. Was unsure on going up to 18's but these came up with decent tyres cheap but in poor condition.
Perfect opertunity to trial the bigger wheels with no financial risk
Liked them so set about tidying them up

All done

Just need some proper track time now and better brake pads

boylers11

16th Apr 17 at 08:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking really smart Gavin
gavin18787
Premium Member

17th Apr 17 at 07:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers matey

Just need to decided where to take it on track now

boylers11

17th Apr 17 at 08:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The 'Ring!
Kyle T
Premium Member

17th Apr 17 at 10:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks great Gav.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
SteveoBC
Premium Member

18th Apr 17 at 14:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not bad, i prefer those over the old wheels much more, course you need to take it out on track

get some drifts going, it'll be a slow gentle drift anyway lol
gavin18787
Premium Member

22nd Apr 17 at 14:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yer it won't be a fast lap. Just deciding on pads. Think I am going to try preformance friction as they get good press.
Don't want to go on standard pads and then find that I can't do more then one lap at a time

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Orange GT86 thread new mods and wheels 25 database queries in 0.0153160 seconds