corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Orange GT86 thread new mods and wheels

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Orange GT86 thread new mods and wheels
gavin18787
Premium Member

User status: Offline
7th Mar 16 at 21:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thought I would create a thread as I've had it a little while now.
Not really sure where it's going to go at the moment as I'm really enjoying the car as it is. Nice to have a car that is refined and comfy as well as a lot of fun when I want it to be.
Got to know it well now and have got more confident with RWD. Enjoying the sport setting on the road as it's turns the TC off but cuts back in if the slides get too out of hand
Hoping to get on an airfield track day asap to try it all off. Can't see it been too bad as it doesn't have a lot of grip but is progressive as it let's go
Really fancy changing wheels as they are the one bit I'm not keen on the design of. But I am enjoyed the friendly drive the little tyres offer so I'm not sure what to do.

Went to pistonheads sunday service at the weekend so got the chance to catch up with some fellow owners and get some ideas.

Pics

[Edited on 15-04-2017 by gavin18787]

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
Kyle T
Premium Member

8th Mar 16 at 12:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mate, check out carlimits.com. I'm booked on to a day in April, a full day of car control tuition. Down south you get a much better selection of airfield venues too in which you can do real high speed oversteer recovery and stuff like that.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Ben G

8th Mar 16 at 13:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks nice Gavin, always liked these. They just need bigger wheels really.
3CorsaMeal

8th Mar 16 at 16:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I outperformed one the other weekend, in my corrado vr6 with 4500rpm rev limit.
gavin18787
Premium Member

8th Mar 16 at 22:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kyle T
Mate, check out carlimits.com. I'm booked on to a day in April, a full day of car control tuition. Down south you get a much better selection of airfield venues too in which you can do real high speed oversteer recovery and stuff like that.

I've done their activity days before are north weald. Was good. Keep checking their site for this year's days but there don't seem to be any listed yet

gavin18787
Premium Member

8th Mar 16 at 22:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
Looks nice Gavin, always liked these. They just need bigger wheels really.

Looks a lot better on 18's like the oem upgrade OZ or these. Just wary of adding too much grip....

gavin18787
Premium Member

8th Mar 16 at 22:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
I outperformed one the other weekend, in my corrado vr6 with 4500rpm rev limit.

apart from having good grip off the line they aren't exactly a drag race weapon of choice

BeetleGav

8th Mar 16 at 22:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The wheels do really let these down, I do keep looking at them but as yet they haven't drawn me away from BMW

gavin18787
Premium Member

8th Mar 16 at 22:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BeetleGav
The wheels do really let these down, I do keep looking at them but as yet they haven't drawn me away from BMW

They are very marmite. People either get them or don't. Kind of car you have to work hard to get the performance from. I enjoy that and came from a torque less Honda. But from a big power BMW you may be left wanting. I looked at 135i etc but preferred the 86 and cheaper running costs etc

Ben G

8th Mar 16 at 22:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The rear spoiler on the middle orange one is lovely. Is that an option?
oJNAo
Premium Member

8th Mar 16 at 22:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Love the look of these wheels

gavin18787
Premium Member

8th Mar 16 at 22:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
The rear spoiler on the middle orange one is lovely. Is that an option?

TRD kit. Option and on some special run out models. Fancy one from mine but they are a lot of money for a bit of plastic

3CorsaMeal

9th Mar 16 at 10:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Any pics of one with all red rears? quite like that black stripe on the door of one above^^
gavin18787
Premium Member

11th Mar 16 at 08:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
Any pics of one with all red rears? quite like that black stripe on the door of one above^^

Not sure it works with an orange car though. Looks good on other colours

nathy_87

11th Mar 16 at 10:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's a very nice motor these are slowly growing on me, i agree with the wheels to me they look a bit Halfords, but that's just me. I agree the all red doesn't work on the orange also, but i bet it's nice and quick. Any interior shots?
JM_16v

11th Mar 16 at 10:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Is that at North Weild? That's where there based, i live 10 mins away and am thinking about doing one. How many pennies?

Car looks great Gav, i do like those.
Kyle T
Premium Member

11th Mar 16 at 12:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JM_16v
quote:

Is that at North Weild? That's where there based, i live 10 mins away and am thinking about doing one. How many pennies?

They do a lot at North Weald but I've booked onto the circuit training day at Blyton Park as it's my local circuit. Will probably make a trip down to a NW day at somepoint to do the higher speed airfield stuff.

Was £270 all in I think.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
gavin18787
Premium Member

11th Mar 16 at 17:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JM_16v
quote:

Jm 220 for a training day or 50 for just the activity day.

Long time no see

gavin18787
Premium Member

11th Mar 16 at 18:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Interior

It's no BMW but plenty of toys and comfy

Not found anything that doesn't fit yet either. Fold rear seats down and two bikes go it as you get a flat load area. Boot on its own is as big if not bigger then the other half's panto

Ben G

11th Mar 16 at 18:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Interior looks better than I expected! Rev counter in the middle is cool.
gavin18787
Premium Member

11th Mar 16 at 20:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shift light as well. Because race car

Driving position is the best bit. Feel like your sitting on the tarmac but the scuttle is so low you can still see the front wheel arch flared bits so you can aim it really precisely at apexs etc

[Edited on 11-03-2016 by gavin18787]

Ojc

15th Mar 16 at 19:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do like these, I know you'll make it even better. Did you sell the CTR?
gavin18787
Premium Member

15th Mar 16 at 21:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
Do like these, I know you'll make it even better. Did you sell the CTR?

Ctr went to the Isle on man. Just time I saw it on fb it had a cage and was entered into a hill climb...

[Edited on 15-03-2016 by gavin18787]

3CorsaMeal

16th Mar 16 at 10:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm really liking these, have done since they come out.

Out of interest how do you choose between the subaru BRZ and the GT86?
3CorsaMeal

16th Mar 16 at 13:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm looking at this now

http://usedcars.toyota.co.uk/used/GT86/2.0/Lancaster-Toyota-Chelmsford/Chelmsford/3400016-605528577-1323167.aspx

Is just up the road from me. Not sure what my A3 is worth trade in.

Edit, link seems unclickable, basically a black gt86

[Edited on 16-03-2016 by 3CorsaMeal]

[Edited on 17-03-2016 by Ian]

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Orange GT86 thread new mods and wheels 24 database queries in 0.1960521 seconds