corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » heater reistor cant get it out???

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author heater reistor cant get it out???
eyeopen
Banned

User status: Offline
9th Jan 16 at 16:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi, I got to the heater resistor but cant seem to get it out, I have undone the nut/screw, but not sure don't want to rip it out help please?
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
9th Jan 16 at 16:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lets have a pic
eyeopen
Banned

10th Jan 16 at 01:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Lets have a pic

lol I knew some one would say that, and partly cus people still don't trust me I thinks!

Yeah Il take pic tomarrow the glove box is out, the resistor is so in the corner and hard to get to, and I'm petite, not sure how you guys even get your big heads threw the small gap, lol.

But honestly do I have to press the sides of resistor to unclip it?

my dad use to do up cars and sell them so I like him ended up being brought up with the if others can do it I can, so always tried doing it myself. Whether it be brakes, fixing the 106 after I crashed it(using dads gear) mind you did get far as putting another door on, or if it be the kettle stopped working or opening the Tv to connect it to car speakers around my room for surround sound! lol no joke I currently have my old stereo from my calibra in my room with 6*9s in 2 massive protein tubs, lol.

Ian
Site Administrator

10th Jan 16 at 01:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by eyeopen

No idea, tell you what, shall we try getting a pic?
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

10th Jan 16 at 08:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by eyeopen
quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Lets have a pic

lol I knew some one would say that, and partly cus people still don't trust me I thinks!

Yeah Il take pic tomarrow the glove box is out, the resistor is so in the corner and hard to get to, and I'm petite, not sure how you guys even get your big heads threw the small gap, lol.

my dad use to do up cars and sell them so I like him ended up being brought up with the if others can do it I can, so always tried doing it myself. Whether it be brakes, fixing the 106 after I crashed it(using dads gear) mind you did get far as putting another door on, or if it be the kettle stopped working or opening the Tv to connect it to car speakers around my room for surround sound! lol no joke I currently have my old stereo from my calibra in my room with 6*9s in 2 massive protein tubs, lol.

he asked for a photo not your life story
eyeopen
Banned

10th Jan 16 at 13:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got the wire disconnected now, is the resistor held in with 2 plastic bits at sides that I have to push in (pictured)?

I also connected the new resistor to the wire which is taken out and heating still doesn't work, any ideas? or does resistor have to be fitted for it to work?

ps sorry last forum I was on was calibra and every one there knew the car inside out, guess I forget theres more than one corsa! so you don't all know it inside out

[Edited on 10-01-2016 by eyeopen]

[Edited on 10-01-2016 by eyeopen]
Ian
Site Administrator

10th Jan 16 at 13:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So the new one is plugged in and hanging in the footwell? That should work.

How do the pins look on the plug?
--ToM--

10th Jan 16 at 14:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's not that no on doesn't know about the car, no one cares, this forums just full off willy wavers and people ripping the shit out of each other which is why it's so great.

eyeopen
Banned

10th Jan 16 at 15:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
So the new one is plugged in and hanging in the footwell? That should work.

How do the pins look on the plug?

no I did connect it but didt make difference,

yes pins are different so I guess mine is wrong one, need to get another. actually not metal pins plastic pins.

but got old one out now thankx, see if I can get one tomarrow now. such a headache to get out though
eyeopen
Banned

10th Jan 16 at 15:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by --ToM--
It's not that no on doesn't know about the car, no one cares, this forums just full off willy wavers and people ripping the shit out of each other which is why it's so great.

Yeh well that ok but I duno I'm not a corsa lover like I was a calibra lover, that was my heart and soul that car, but still thought people here wanted corsas to be around, but I guess its different as the calibre forum helped calibras stay alive but corsas well theres a new one every couple years so wont die down people probably just end up upgrading.
--ToM--

10th Jan 16 at 17:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Corsa gsis is what gets people moist on here
Joe

10th Jan 16 at 17:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Check the wiring to the motor, will more than likely be burnt out.
Jason x
Premium Member

10th Jan 16 at 18:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

eyeopen
Banned

10th Jan 16 at 18:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Corsa gsis is what gets people moist on here

lol
eyeopen
Banned

10th Jan 16 at 18:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Joe
Check the wiring to the motor, will more than likely be burnt out. [/quote

one thing I realised is that Halfords connected the HU speaker wiring to the wires here and going to the resistor, but I had a little fiddle didn't do nothing.

would it work even if I connected the wrong resistor?
eyeopen
Banned

10th Jan 16 at 23:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Old resistor isit blown? looks okish?

Ian
Site Administrator

11th Jan 16 at 01:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Need to see the pins really.

Also plastic pins? Needs to be metal to conduct the electricity.

Motor is the next shout as per Joe's instructions.
eyeopen
Banned

11th Jan 16 at 12:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No not pins if you look at 3rd pictures, the top of it has 3 plastic tabs sticking out, its way to know if its for AC or not. 3 plastic tabs next to eachother is AC 2 one gap then one tab is non AC.

Wait, so if I pliugged in a resistor for non AC the heating would still work? EG its not the resistor?

I just brought one from ebay 18 pound then this morning scrappy rings em back to say they have resistor but its in car, but for 6 pound! lol

if the heating works on number 4 how can it be the heater motor?
eyeopen
Banned

11th Jan 16 at 12:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ps the heating on number 4 still works without the resistor
Ian
Site Administrator

11th Jan 16 at 13:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The motor will run on 4 because that doesn't use the resistor, the other speeds do.

The motor will run but it may be drawing more current, hence why its blown the resistor.
eyeopen
Banned

11th Jan 16 at 17:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi, thankx all help done now was resistor, brought one for 6 quid from local scrappy, and its off facelift so fairly new, works now. Thankfully didn't take long to get out from car in scarp yard.

Ian
Site Administrator

11th Jan 16 at 17:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

please do learn to spell
eyeopen
Banned

11th Jan 16 at 18:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

spelling or grammer? funny enough my laptop sometimes auto corrects, took a while to realise as couldn't work out why I keep on spelling calibre wrong, lol. there goes auto correct again!
Ian
Site Administrator

11th Jan 16 at 18:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can't be that effective if it still allows you to look a tit by putting an x on the end of thanks.

Brought I'm not sure how I'd class that mistake, spelling, grammar or just fucking dumb.
eyeopen
Banned

11th Jan 16 at 19:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Can't be that effective if it still allows you to look a tit by putting an x on the end of thanks.

Brought I'm not sure how I'd class that mistake, spelling, grammar or just fucking dumb.

I'm pretending or was pretending to be a Mason, hence the KX lol

New Poll