corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Bluefin

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Bluefin
Robin
Premium Member

User status: Offline
12th Jan 16 at 16:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by FlaFFy_91
quote:
Originally posted by broster
quote:
The software number of the ecu would be different haha.

No it won't

If you make any changes to the original software the version number changes.
Might not on a Vauxhall then if that's what your saying?
Nissan Renault Dacia systems always update software versions when you make any changes atall to them. They change from 23456 to 23456-1
So Any edits made will trigger a software number edit. Unless they've found some way around that?

Unless the ECU itself changing the software file name, it won't show up, you're replacing it with the original file, which would be 23456 not 23456-1 (or -2 according to your description)

If you update it with dealer systems the software would have a newer version code but not when reverting to the original file IMO
Robin
Premium Member

12th Jan 16 at 16:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Even so, if the file name edits when the dealer updates the software, they'd have to have an indisputable record of which cars had which software versions to prove any foul play
broster
Premium Member

12th Jan 16 at 17:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
The software number of the ecu would be different haha.

No it won't

If you make any changes to the original software the version number changes.
Might not on a Vauxhall then if that's what your saying?
Nissan Renault Dacia systems always update software versions when you make any changes atall to them. They change from 23456 to 23456-1
So Any edits made will trigger a software number edit. Unless they've found some way around that?

the flash count will change but the software number will remain the same.

when modifying a file you change the existing data, not reflash an update as you would being a dealer.
broster
Premium Member

12th Jan 16 at 17:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also when flashing a file pretty much most equipment (certainly all the kit i have ever used) will reset the ecu so all the parameters are at their zero value again.
broster
Premium Member

12th Jan 16 at 17:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Robin
I'd genuinely be amazed if the dealer could tell from 'parameters the ECU has adjusted itself to.'

You'd have to be VERY unlucky to be caught, you're talking about the manufacturer investigating it, not the dealer...

I can ready any engine peramiters on Nissan and Renault.
More than any mapping software can aswell. So yes we can find out.
Gaurentee they won't notice it though. Unless you happen to go in for work that needs us to specifically look at those values...

[Edited on 10-01-2016 by FlaFFy_91]

The remapping equipment itself cant tell you anything, its just a read and write tool. The file writer will tell you everything you need to know, and i bet its alot more than your dealer level kit will tell you (depending on the skill of the file writer).
Steve
Premium Member

12th Jan 16 at 17:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So can a dealer tell it's been done..
Ian
Site Administrator

12th Jan 16 at 18:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Personally if I was paying for repairs and the customer had been on the internet talking about doing it, then the car came in with a melted piston I'd be asking questions.

Regarding concrete proof, what is the burden? They're not going to need actual zeroes and ones to do it. Their suspicion would be enough and they're going to already have that. Comes down to how much they want customer care to be overlooked to throw an accusation in there.

It'll only need a few cases and that will be the norm. When I was a lad you could rock up with mods and nothing was said because you'd shout the place down if they didn't fix it. Then they stopped working on the stuff affected by mods, then they stopped working on modded cars and the next step is they'll stop working on cars which look like they might have been modded.
Steve
Premium Member

12th Jan 16 at 20:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Doesn't really matter what I say on here aslong I don't confirm that I have done the map and there is no evidence on the car either then they can't void a warranty based on assumption and a bit of talk about maybe doing something.

[Edited on 12-01-2016 by Steve]
Ojc

13th Jan 16 at 00:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't you ignorant piece of shit
Ian
Site Administrator

13th Jan 16 at 00:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
they can't void a warranty based on assumption and a bit of talk about maybe doing something.

Course they can.

I'm quite sure if they were confident enough they would drop it, and that doesn't mean actual hard evidence.

Other issue is the customer care aspect when you went on the internet and said they'd dropped it on a guess which wouldn't look very good.

That and the fact they may want you to buy more cars in the future.

But they deffo can refuse it.
Steve
Premium Member

13th Jan 16 at 06:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Doubt it

You bought a car with a warranty which they are legally bound too as long as the car isn't modified.

Just because you asked a question about a remap on the Internet doesn't mean you actually have one. It may be enough to justify them looking for evidence of one but if they can't produce any evidence they've no ground for refusal. They may try to refuse but I'm sure a small claims court would agree due to the lack of evidence.

Clearly talking about courts etc is the extreme. Just suggesting legally I think they'd lose as it's perfectly plausible and probably still quite likely that I won't get anything done anyway.
Nic Barnes

13th Jan 16 at 07:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think ou should do it. Would be incredibly unlucky if they did find out.
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

13th Jan 16 at 10:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robin
Even so, if the file name edits when the dealer updates the software, they'd have to have an indisputable record of which cars had which software versions to prove any foul play

We do have full records of everything and any changes to software numbers or issues are recorded and used in warentee claims.

quote:

the flash count will change but the software number will remain the same.

when modifying a file you change the existing data, not reflash an update as you would being a dealer.

But is the blue fin not a map you just load on. Then take off. I understand a normal remap where you edit the original map won't change the file number. So when you load the map on. It's not going to have the original software issue number and when you reload a piece of software onto it. It will amend itself?
Robin
Premium Member

13th Jan 16 at 11:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The Bluefin removes the old map from the ECU, saves it to the handset and then uploads a new map, which is why it tells you not to remove it half way through, it'd be left with no map on it.

I'm making a bit of an assumption here but if it removes the original map and saves it, when it replaces it upon removal of the Superchips map, it would revert back to the old software number from the original map, unless it does have a built in counter on the ECU.
3CorsaMeal

13th Jan 16 at 11:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

remapping standard cars FTW
Toby
Premium Member

13th Jan 16 at 11:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think a dealer would be very hard pushed to spot it if its been removed. I was in Audi the other day with a colleague. His RS7 is mapped (wasnt sure at the time - subsequent visit to a dyno confirm its was) and Audi said they weren't sure after plugging it in. That was with map present. Cant see them spotting one thats been removed.

I would take the risk.

[Edited on 13-01-2016 by Toby]
MatthewR

13th Jan 16 at 12:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why not take the risk anyway? Its got to be fixed hasnt it?
Ian
Site Administrator

13th Jan 16 at 15:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
Doubt it

You bought a car with a warranty which they are legally bound too as long as the car isn't modified.

Or any other contract term which they feel you broke.

Yes might end up in court but its just a civil thing, not like the Police are going to arrest them if they don't fix the car. You'd have to take them there yourself.
ShEp

14th Jan 16 at 20:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Re-posted on Vxr-Online with your reg, they will help
Stuart H

14th Jan 16 at 21:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My local Vauxhall garage doesn't give a shit they will give you whatever on warranty, mainly think this is because they are so quiet.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Bluefin 23 database queries in 0.1892240 seconds