corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Bluefin

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Bluefin
Steve
Premium Member

User status: Offline
9th Jan 16 at 16:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For warranty could a dealer tell if you have used this even if you remove the software..

http://www.mybluefin.co.uk/s/faq-s
Eck
Premium Member

9th Jan 16 at 18:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Random Pistonheads user
Flashing the ECU will delete the map, but the parameters will still have evidence it was there.

Yes bluefin can be removed and the stock map can be left on but again the parameters will still remain, removing a map does not remove the parameters the ECU has adjusted itself to.
Robin
Premium Member

9th Jan 16 at 19:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd genuinely be amazed if the dealer could tell from 'parameters the ECU has adjusted itself to.'

You'd have to be VERY unlucky to be caught, you're talking about the manufacturer investigating it, not the dealer...
Steve
Premium Member

9th Jan 16 at 20:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Read that thread on ph just seems to be a load of people guessing
MikeF86

9th Jan 16 at 20:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

From Dealership experience, I'll echo what Robin says, a dealer wouldn't spot anything. A manufacturer might but they very rarely have parts returned these days under warranty claims.
Nic Barnes

9th Jan 16 at 21:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Take the risk imho.
Stuart H

9th Jan 16 at 23:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A dealer won't notice a thing trust me. I used to work for Peugeot and a mate was always in with management lights on and they never picked up the map.
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

10th Jan 16 at 00:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robin
I'd genuinely be amazed if the dealer could tell from 'parameters the ECU has adjusted itself to.'

You'd have to be VERY unlucky to be caught, you're talking about the manufacturer investigating it, not the dealer...

I can ready any engine peramiters on Nissan and Renault.
More than any mapping software can aswell. So yes we can find out.
Gaurentee they won't notice it though. Unless you happen to go in for work that needs us to specifically look at those values...

[Edited on 10-01-2016 by FlaFFy_91]
Robin
Premium Member

11th Jan 16 at 20:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can find out what the file on the ECU says but being able to work out if that code is wrong will mean finding something you know is standard and checking the two files against each other.

I get that it is possible but to most people, even at a dealership level, it's beyond them.

There may be trace evidence but knowing what it is is going to be unlikely I reckon.

Let's say for example it changes the boost parameters on a forced induction car, and keeps a log of boost pressures, someone would have to suspect a discrepancy and check the readings (which won't be in a straight forward format) then identify if they are different to a standard car.

If anything, most mechanics/techs couldn't be arsed with the effort of all that!
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

12th Jan 16 at 00:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

True. Most people won't bother or notice.
However if the car came in for a recall or a problem that specifically needs us to look at the boost pressures. We can tell as we have a list of standard ones.
Also... The software number of the ecu would be different haha.

Steve
Premium Member

12th Jan 16 at 07:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Even on maps like this where you can take it off and revert back to standard?
Nic Barnes

12th Jan 16 at 08:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You leave a trail of bread crumbs behind that people can find mate.
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

12th Jan 16 at 08:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
You leave a trail of bread crumbs behind that people can find mate.

How ever daft it sounds. This is true haha

Honestly don't think that they will look or know. Unless there looking at specific things to do with the engine management side of things.
LTFT for example can take a few hundred miles at times to reset depending on driving style and everything.
Even with the map still loaded on, unless there actively searching for it. They probably won't notice it. A mate of mine has a FJCW Clubman at 320hp with a new turbo bolted on. Still gets all his work done warentee.
Ellis

12th Jan 16 at 09:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Firstly, don't ask the same question on VXROnline. Well, if you do, please direct us all to the thread.
Steve
Premium Member

12th Jan 16 at 10:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Response from Superchips

quote:
Hi Steve,

Thank you for your enquiry.

The way the Bluefin handheld works is that the first thing the device does is read the car's stock software calibration, and store that on the device. You then send that over to us using our Bluefin Desktop software, and we make a remap available based on that.

When you restore the original, you're putting the exact software back onto the vehicle that you read off in the first place. Therefore, there's no trace of a change being made. It's impossible to say 100% that the change cannot be detected because we don't have a full Vauxhall dealer suite here, but we do have a few GM tools including the Tech2 and Tech3, which cannot detect the software on the ECU has changed. To put it bluntly, if you did have a problem, you'd be the first ever on a Vauxhall, as once the software has been put back to exactly as it was before we started, there's no way an external tool can detect any change.

We also offer our Superchips Warranty on cars less than 3 years old, more details of which can be found on our website here, so there's absolutely no need to worry when using the Bluefin.

Best regards,

Graeme
Steve
Premium Member

12th Jan 16 at 10:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Here is the warranty

http://www.superchips.co.uk/s/warranty

Problem I can foresee is proving that the problems are directly attributed to the remap if say piston 4 melted
Nic Barnes

12th Jan 16 at 10:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

True, be impossible.
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

12th Jan 16 at 10:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So it's what I said?
If Vauxhall wanted to. They can blame anything on the map. If they found out it was on there. But as everyone has said. It's if they find it. Which they probably won't.
It is detectable. But it's wether they detect it.
Nic Barnes

12th Jan 16 at 10:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Because Steve is a fussy moany customer, I can imagine any business he deals with doing their best to prove him a cunt. So id say they will find it, and they will look for it, but only because of Steve.
Ian
Site Administrator

12th Jan 16 at 10:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So the issue is whether they would deny a warranty claim based on them thinking you had a map.

Two ways to find out.

One they find parameters left over in the ECU

Two you post all over the internet about buying it.
Jambo

12th Jan 16 at 11:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would also add if they need to roadtest it they will know
Steve
Premium Member

12th Jan 16 at 11:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Read the thread Jambot, you can remove the software so the car will drive as normal
broster
Premium Member

12th Jan 16 at 12:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by FlaFFy_91
The software number of the ecu would be different haha.

No it won't
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

12th Jan 16 at 12:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by broster
quote:
Originally posted by FlaFFy_91
The software number of the ecu would be different haha.

No it won't

If you make any changes to the original software the version number changes.
Might not on a Vauxhall then if that's what your saying?
Nissan Renault Dacia systems always update software versions when you make any changes atall to them. They change from 23456 to 23456-1
So Any edits made will trigger a software number edit. Unless they've found some way around that?
Jambo

12th Jan 16 at 12:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
Read the thread Jambot, you can remove the software so the car will drive as normal

I did read the thread, my reply was simply lazy. This seems to be being used as a Q&A about dealers/Remapping so that was an obvious addition, however in your case does not apply.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Bluefin 22 database queries in 0.1087620 seconds