corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » New Builds - Timeframes, deposits etc

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author New Builds - Timeframes, deposits etc
jacko198

User status: Offline
3rd Jan 16 at 01:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So me and the Mrs are looking at using the Help To Buy scheme to buy a new build house this year.

Some that we like the look of are going on sale at the end of this month. We dont quite have enough of the deposit together but we are very close.

So i was wondering, to reserve a house is £250. And they say the deposit is normally paid within 28 days of the house being reserved with contracts exchanged etc. I am guessing that is for a an already built house though?

Those of you who have bought a new build, when did you have to pay the main deposit and in what timeframe was it before the house was complete etc

If it is payable when the house is built a few months down the line that would give us enough time to get the last little bit together etc!
Ian
Site Administrator

3rd Jan 16 at 03:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Reserved in March, paid in June and moved in August.
Nic Barnes

3rd Jan 16 at 09:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

July paid the reserve fee, August paid the actual deposit. They said the house would be ready in February but actual completion was mid December. Luckily had all the money ready just meant Christmas had to be cheaper.

I'm unsure on wether I could have said no to moving in until February as initially told.
andys sxi
Premium Member

3rd Jan 16 at 11:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't know if it's too late for you buy have you opened a help to buy isa

April 08 feature car
jacko198

4th Jan 16 at 16:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers folks. Have wondered about that. If it is ready earlier than planned etc etc

Andy, after looking into it. I can only use it for buying a house upto £250k which is not enough in Buckinghamshire. Bit of a joke really!
djgritt
Premium Member

4th Jan 16 at 18:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Reserved a concrete foundation in September, exchanged/paid deposit mid October, moved in a week before Christmas.

[Edited on 04-01-2016 by djgritt]
Nic Barnes

4th Jan 16 at 21:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They built that quick? Was it a persimmon by any chance?
djgritt
Premium Member

4th Jan 16 at 22:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
They built that quick? Was it a persimmon by any chance?

Part of their group yeah. Timber frame construction.

New Poll