corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Royal Mail Claims

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Royal Mail Claims
sxibeast

User status: Offline
23rd Dec 15 at 09:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Morning all,

Has anyone here had to claim for a lost parcel off Royal Mail?

Two i sent recently (one on the 15th Dec and on on the 17th Dec, both from different post offices) seem to have gone walkies and tracking them online just tells me the parcel was dropped off and logged at the post office.

I expected there to be a delay due to Christmas, but out of the 15 parcels i have sent within the last week, they have reached Ireland, Scotland and Portsmouth, so would expect Sheffield and Essex to be pretty simple.

One item is probably worth about £15, the other a touch under £50.

Is the process long and drawn out, or are they pretty good dealing with claims (i've got reciepts etc)?

Cheers
basslinecorsa
Premium Member

23rd Dec 15 at 09:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

should be fairly easy, you are covered up to £150 a parcel without the extra insurance. Just ask for a claim form

Project Scarlett - http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=661417
Steve
Premium Member

23rd Dec 15 at 10:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think having to pay extra for your items value to be insured is a con.

What other service requires you to pay extra so if they fuck up they will pay the full amount to put it right.

Imagine if you took your car to a garage and it fell off the ramps they said sorry we will only pay 50 quid towards repairing it as you didn't buy insurance off us.
Ellis

23rd Dec 15 at 10:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tory scum privatised the Royal Mail. A bit like what that Gideon cunt will eventually do to the NHS.
Steve
Premium Member

23rd Dec 15 at 11:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It was always like that though
Ellis

23rd Dec 15 at 11:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used it as an opportunity to Tory-bash.
sxibeast

23rd Dec 15 at 12:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So it looks like i may not need to claim for the more expensive item, its just turned up.

Lets see if the next one does.....
Ben G

23rd Dec 15 at 12:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ellis
I used it as an opportunity to Tory-bash.

Standard Scottish stuff.
Ellis

23rd Dec 15 at 12:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yawn.
Ben G

23rd Dec 15 at 13:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's ok, when you finally gain independence all will be OK
Ellis

23rd Dec 15 at 13:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not going to take the bait
Ben G

23rd Dec 15 at 15:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's a damn shame i'm down in Essex for Xmas so can't have some good banter with the Scots.
Ian
Site Administrator

24th Dec 15 at 15:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sxibeast
So it looks like i may not need to claim for the more expensive item, its just turned up.

Lets see if the next one does.....

The likelihood is that they will, I've been using RM extensively for work and the only reason I've ever had problems is that if its not delivered people CBA to go and get the stuff from the SO and it gets returned to me.

This time of year is a big problem though, queues out the door in the PO, customers complaining all over the shop, it'll all get there but you can't expect to take a system which is running pretty much at capacity the rest of the year and dump a massive amount more mail volume and not expect to wait for some of it.

Wouldn't even mind but every time I've been the PO with parcels for work I get all the glares going because I jump the queue to drop it all straight in the box, feel like saying no if it wasn't for you cunts turning up once a year, things would be sound as they are normally.

Could be worse, you could live in Italy, their service is genuinely shit, probably only about a 70% likelihood of things actually arriving and not disappearing forever - they don't RTS overseas. Compare that to 98% next day with RM 1st and they're actually not all that bad.
Ben G

24th Dec 15 at 16:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

98% isn't 100% though.

Considering it's a DELIVERY service, 100% of parcels should make their destination without fail.
Steve
Premium Member

24th Dec 15 at 16:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As 100% of your engines leaving the production lines should be working but I bet a percentage are found faulty
Ben G

24th Dec 15 at 16:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes but not every engine has a particular destination.

I just don't see how a parcel can go missing, apart from theft.
Ian
Site Administrator

24th Dec 15 at 17:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That figure of 98% next day means 2% arrive later than next day, not 2% are lost.

Sorry if the Italian comparison was not a true one, in my experience they're losing 30%.

RM lose very few indeed, most of the unclaimed comes back to me and those that are apparently lost could also be the buyer trying it on to get free parts, you'd never know.

I also think this time of year you need to manage your expectation, not got the data to hand but even visiting the PO you can tell things are going to be fucked.
DaveyLC

24th Dec 15 at 21:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I claimed and they sent me the value in stamps (£34) so I replied with a really sarcastic letter using every single stamp they gave me.. They replied with a cheque for £34
Dave

25th Dec 15 at 09:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
Yes but not every engine has a particular destination.

I just don't see how a parcel can go missing, apart from theft.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-gloucestershire-35174646
Cavey

25th Dec 15 at 09:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We have to do shit like that all the time with letters. Especially over Christmas. (not quite that extreme) but there's a lot of badly addressed mail that we get to the correct people
Steve
Premium Member

25th Dec 15 at 10:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Now RM is privatised I wonder if they will ever start delivering on a Sunday

There are other private companies that now do this.

[Edited on 25-12-2015 by Steve]
Nic Barnes

25th Dec 15 at 21:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A lot of sorting offices are open on Sunday's for people to collect items they couldn't deliver.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Royal Mail Claims 24 database queries in 0.0152309 seconds