corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » iPhone management solutions?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author iPhone management solutions?
Gaz

User status: Offline
4th Sep 15 at 17:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So in work we use a solution from Air-Watch, its very good at what it does and has me thinking about my home devices.

I've given my boy(3) an iPhone4 (simless) connected to wifi and in airplane mode to allow him endless hours of youtube/netflix and kids games however we want to make sure that if he was to take this upstairs in his room, he doesn't end up on some odd Youtube video which can occasionally occur.

So are there any free/minimal costing solutions out their that allow me to manage (predominately remoting on or viewing his screen in someway) from my iPhone or MBP?
Dom

4th Sep 15 at 23:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not quite what you're after but have a look at Apple Configurator; it isn't a wireless solution but it does allow you to manage a lot of the settings and restrictions on iOS devices.

[Edited on 04-09-2015 by Dom]
Gaz

5th Sep 15 at 10:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks Dom, I've got the device locked down to how I want it for him. The only part I cannot control is he YouTube suggestions and the likes of our Netflix account (some kids stuff is a little violent for him as such)
Dom

5th Sep 15 at 13:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does Air-Watch allow you to restrict Youtube/Netflix in what you can search? I would have thought that'd be service specific
You can enable safe searching within the Youtube app, not a perfect solution.

Tbh, i'm sure at 3 he'd be happy with a handful of decent kid based apps and social services disabled
Gaz

5th Sep 15 at 15:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Air-watch doesn't but its the software that I only know that does some form of MDM to give people clues as to what I'm looking for.

I'll continue googling for a while before letting him have the phone upstairs on his own,
Andrew

5th Sep 15 at 18:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some of the budget Netgear routers allow you to setup different vlans for the wireless. You could setup content filtering for the vlan Caleb is connected to.
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

7th Sep 15 at 09:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just dont let a 3year old use the iphone whitout being watched.
DaveyLC

7th Sep 15 at 09:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Buy a WIFI router that's got some good browsing management features and put the kids phones on that.

New Poll