corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Top Gear - Chris Evans to host...

New Poll
  <<  3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Top Gear - Chris Evans to host...
p

User status: Offline
22nd May 16 at 00:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not just saying this for the sake of it, but I think by and large it's going to be shit and too try hard. Having a bloody yank doesn't help. Chris Evans seems to be trying to be too Jeremy Clarkson judging by what I've seen so far in the clips, and it's just extremely irritating and rather cringeworthy.

Celeb guests I simply cannot stand so it's a massive shame it wasn't scrapped.
VegasPhil
Premium Member

22nd May 16 at 09:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think it will be alright - am I the only one?

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
Jimbothebarbarian

22nd May 16 at 10:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nah, I reckon it'll be pretty cool.
GB123
Premium Member

22nd May 16 at 11:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's meant to be a bit in the first episode where Chris Evans and Matt LeBlanc are doing challenges in Reliant Robins and it sounds a bit too much like they are trying to copy the old top gear.

I am looking forward to the proper car stuff with Chris Harris though
Ben G

22nd May 16 at 11:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Star in a reasonably priced car needs to go, as do the stupid stig remarks. It's boring and linked to the previous version, so not sure why they'd want to keep it.

On the subject of the stig, I've never understood why people literally masturbate over 'it'. It's just a guy in a fucking race suit ffs.

[Edited on 22-05-2016 by Ben G]
p

22nd May 16 at 13:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
Star in a reasonably priced car needs to go, as do the stupid stig remarks. It's boring and linked to the previous version, so not sure why they'd want to keep it.

On the subject of the stig, I've never understood why people literally masturbate over 'it'. It's just a guy in a fucking race suit ffs.

Glad I'm not the only one.

As someone alluded to, if Chris Harris is the normal Chris Harris then that will be superb, but, given he's now working for the BBC... Will he be like that? I hope so. I think I'll do what I normally do. Record. Skip the shite, and watch the rest. I think I'm one of the few who actually like fairly normal reviews of cars
Corsa_Sport21

22nd May 16 at 16:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They should bring back Used Car Roadshow on men and motors.
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

22nd May 16 at 18:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
Star in a reasonably priced car needs to go

http://tv.bt.com/tv/tv-news/new-top-gear-series-to-feature-star-in-a-rallycross-car-segment-11364062067750

Not sure how true this is but this could make stuff more interesting
3CorsaMeal

22nd May 16 at 20:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is Nic Barnes and his golf going to be on it? Like an interview and maybe some footage of him driving it about to show off some induction kit noise
Corsa_Sport21

22nd May 16 at 22:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does he have a golf? Thought they were badged as a vw 7r?

Dont think they will do much on the 7r tbh. Far too common now and didnt score as high in reviews as a Saab 95 Aero.

<<  3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Top Gear - Chris Evans to host... 24 database queries in 0.0144701 seconds