corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Expansion tank help

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Expansion tank help
anthcorsa

User status: Offline
13th Jun 15 at 22:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got a new expansion tank / header tank and was wondering to replace it do I simply remove the old hoses going to and from it and pop the new one on or do I have to bleed the rad? Can't seem to find any guides on this. Cheers in advance
DansCorsaSXi
Organiser: Yorkshire
Premium Member

13th Jun 15 at 22:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All I did when I fitted mine was just undo the two small hoses that fit onto the header tank.. Then quickly pulled the header tank off the coolant pipe that's on the bottom of it and turn it upside down so you don't spill coolant everywhere. It'll leak a little but once it's off its just a case of placing new one on and putting a new jubilee clip on hose.

Hope his helps mate.

Star silver C20XE SXi Project thread

Smoke Grey Corsa GSi Project thread
anthcorsa

13th Jun 15 at 22:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah right, cheers buddy. I read somewhere that you need to bleed the entire coolant system which is why I was abit apprehensive
DansCorsaSXi
Organiser: Yorkshire
Premium Member

13th Jun 15 at 22:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nah.. The less coolant you spill.. The less you have to put back in.

Star silver C20XE SXi Project thread

Smoke Grey Corsa GSi Project thread
craig55

13th Jun 15 at 22:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is it genuine or ebay cheap one the caps fail on the eBay ones
anthcorsa

13th Jun 15 at 22:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It was off ebay a German brand one cost 30 quid.
Ellis

15th Jun 15 at 14:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you did end up with any air in the system, just run the engine up to temperature with the expansion bottle cap off. It will eventually bubble over and expel any trapped air within the cooling system. Replace cap and job done.

New Poll