corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » fitting pod air filter

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author fitting pod air filter
sizzlinwok

User status: Offline
23rd Mar 15 at 20:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi,
my corsa is the corsa D, and im thinking about buying a new pod air filter to replace the factory one. ive seen some tutorials on how to do it on the same car that i have. but from what i have seen, people have just taken the top half of the manufacture air filter off, and left the bottom air box intact, then fitted the pod filter where the old filter used to be, and just let it sit on top of the air box. (sorry for the crap description lol, ill post a picture below to show what i mean.)

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff299/theshane88/Corsa%20D%20Project/80.jpg
^ u can see the blue air filter just sits on top of the square air box.

i was going to do the same, but in a video tutorial i saw, different car but similar air box/filter, he fitted the pod filter the exact same way as i described above but he also said "u obviously need to remove this air box, but im just going to keep it on just to make this tutorial nice and quick".

so my question is, the air box probably doesnt do anything once i fit in the new filter, so do it actually need to be removed? can i not just let the filter sit on top of the box? and if it really doesnt matter, wat does the guy mean by 'obviously need to remove'?

Also, my friend recommended that if i fit in a pod filter, i should replace my back box to bigger box. do they both have to come as a pair or can i just do the filter without worrying about the box box.

Thankkkks
Brett
Premium Member

User status: Offline
24th Mar 15 at 16:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, need a new back box and indicator stalks for it to work efficiently.

New Poll