corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Astra key problem

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Astra key problem
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

User status: Offline
5th Oct 14 at 14:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

recently my astra fob wont unlock/lock the car with a button. the light on the key comes on but the car does nothing. I can reprogam the key and it will work a few times then it wont work again

battery is pretty new so shouldnt be that.
does this with both keys

any ideas?

where is the sensor?
johnny86
Premium Member

5th Oct 14 at 15:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My coupe does this I bought a new key from bloke from aoc for like £12 never had a problem when switched all the insides out.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

5th Oct 14 at 15:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I already have a flip key and I thought that was the problem but when it did it with the normal key it confused me
johnhara1

6th Oct 14 at 09:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by IvIarkgraham
recently my astra fob wont unlock/lock the car with a button. the light on the key comes on but the car does nothing. I can reprogam the key and it will work a few times then it wont work again

battery is pretty new so shouldnt be that.
does this with both keys

any ideas?

where is the sensor?

My mothers MK4 Astra does this also. New Battery didn't solve the problem. I noticed the battery housing has come away from the back of the circuit board so i had to wedge it together with a bit of card. I assumed this was causing the issue and it needed repairing??
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

8th Oct 14 at 08:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

took the key apart and rebuilt it with a new case re seated the battery and all seems ok so far.
corsajay88

8th Oct 14 at 09:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My vectra did this a few weeks back. New battery, programmed it, it worked then next day it didn't, did this a couple of times till I got fed up and left it. Couple of weeks later tried again and it's been fine ever since. Annoyed me as in that time managed to lock the keys in the boot.

New Poll