corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » In desperate need of a corsa engine

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author In desperate need of a corsa engine
jsparkes

User status: Offline
26th Aug 14 at 12:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hello,

I wondered if anyone can help me I have tried numerous places and have been told that this site would probably be best.

I have a 1.2 Twinport 16v Vauxhall Corsa sxi+ 2005 which had done roughly 62,000 miles.

A couple of months ago I managed to seize the engine and I am now looking for a whole new engine for my car. Originally thought it was just a head gasket problem...turns out I need a whole new engine. I know a lot of people like to rip out engines and put in bigger ones etc so if anyone could point me in the right direction or know anyone that could help me that would be great.

Obviously if anyone has an idea and needs more information on what I need then please do ask.

Thanks

Jack
LukesCorsaSXi

26th Aug 14 at 15:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So are you wanting another 1.2 or what? If so;

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Corsa-C-X12xe-Engine-Complete-/251622489537?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3a95de7dc1

If not look into Z18XE from the 1.8 Corsa SRi or go full whack and go for a Z20LET.

Both will need new mounts, looms etc... but I'm sure you can use the same ECU etc with the ZLET.

If it's just a standard Corsa i'd probably recommend getting a cheap 1.2 engine like the one I linked, fitting it as you would only have to replace the block, selling it and buying something quicker that's already been done.

[Edited on 26-08-2014 by LukesCorsaSXi]
jsparkes

26th Aug 14 at 20:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep literally after the exact same engine. Ok thanks I will check it out I did have a look on ebay before.

Thanks

New Poll