corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » 308 keeps cutting out

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 308 keeps cutting out
Andrew

User status: Offline
4th Aug 14 at 20:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Battery?

Mon - Fri car does 70 miles a day min, has done for just over 12 months. Some days will can do 200 miles, others 100 miles. i.e - tomorrow will do 150 miles...

Weekends I try not to move it but most of the time will do 50 - 150 miles as I have a wife and mother who I can't hide from

This weekend did not move Saturday apart from the gym which is 1 mile there and back, if that. Sunday fired up fine but cut out a few times. This morning again cut out a few times before getting onto the motorway.

Appears to cut out when braking coming up to a junction. Fires up first time again.

Car is a 2010 and has done 59k. Had nothing apart from servicing, brakes and tyres.
Cavey

4th Aug 14 at 20:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are you drifting into the junction? In neutral? I would say battery, had it on my 206, rather annoying
MarkM

4th Aug 14 at 20:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ICV
Andrew

4th Aug 14 at 21:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cavey
Are you drifting into the junction? In neutral? I would say battery, had it on my 206, rather annoying

I would say so on Sunday. Just chilling to morrisons for fuel but then fine when run on the motorway for 30 miles.

This morning died twice before getting onto the country lanes. Fine then until 10 miles later when I had to brake hard due to people who can't drive in the fast lane.

Worrying as it's booked in for an MOT Monday.

[Edited on 04-08-2014 by Andrew]
taylorboosh

4th Aug 14 at 21:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shit car
Cavey

4th Aug 14 at 21:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Our 206 has done it a few times recently. Had a new battery not long ago, as I think it was that previously. Its overdue for a service, so probably reminding me that its needed.

Happens occasionally when drifiting into junctions. Seems to be fine if I remain in gear. So currently changing my driving styles which isn't easy.

Would be good to know what it actually is though! I thought alternator at first as was told when we got the battery that it'd probably need replacing at some point.
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

4th Aug 14 at 21:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Braking & cutting out would make me think a vacuum issue
Andrew

4th Aug 14 at 21:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by taylorboosh
Shit car

This does not help me repair my car does it? All cars are shit unless you have owned one...

I need a car for work and my lifestyle. It doesn't need to be fast, it needs to be reliable and reasonable to run.
Andrew

4th Aug 14 at 21:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Our 206 has done it a few times recently. Had a new battery not long ago, as I think it was that previously. Its overdue for a service, so probably reminding me that its needed.

Mine is over due a service. It has had fresh oil a few weeks back but does need filters as well. Maybe 20k before an air filer and fuel filter is a bit much

Doesn't need spark plugs for another 20k according to the forums - had plugs 19k ago.

3CorsaMeal

4th Aug 14 at 21:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Imo you should open the bonnet. Look around it from every angle expecting something obvious like a plug that is unplugged. Can't see one? Unlucky..... Then prod and wiggle random things. Nope. Shut bonnet and go to the internet.

Ask a forum. Surely someone will diagnosis the exact fault and you will simply buy that part and plug it in.

Faff around for two weeks buying random affordable electrical bits.

Never really fix the issue but feel really happy you loads of new parts you never needed.

Then ask a local garage to look at it. They will be stumped.

Shit pants and buy a new car as this one has now "had it" and is a ticking time bomb.

Be easier to just buy a new car now imo.

sc0ott

4th Aug 14 at 22:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do the battery delete mod.

Joe

4th Aug 14 at 22:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Probably crank sensor, take it to a garage. I'm assuming there will be fault codes stored.
dannymccann

5th Aug 14 at 04:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Andrew
quote:

Mine is over due a service. It has had fresh oil a few weeks back but does need filters as well. Maybe 20k before an air filer and fuel filter is a bit much

Doesn't need spark plugs for another 20k according to the forums - had plugs 19k ago.

You do that sort of mileage in a petrol?
spencer88

5th Aug 14 at 06:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wants a reliable car for doing that mileage?

Buys a petrol 308.

RichR
Premium Member

5th Aug 14 at 06:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Maybe he bought it before he started doing the mileage? I'm not sure if you realise that a person's situation can change.
Steve
Premium Member

5th Aug 14 at 07:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What happens when "you never buy cars from sites like autotrader"
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

5th Aug 14 at 08:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whats up with auto trader?
Steve
Premium Member

5th Aug 14 at 08:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Andrew
quote:
Originally posted by Gaz
I don't understand why you wouldn't put this in Auto-Trader?
It's the first place people look.

Last place i ever look

New Poll