corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Redemption Figure Question

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Redemption Figure Question
stuartmitchell

User status: Offline
4th Mar 14 at 12:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi Team,

Wonder if anyone can help! The wife and I have bought a new build and move in on the 4th April. Importantly we also move out of our own house on the 4th April so that the move is seamless.

Now, our current mortage which we have ported across to the new property still has 3 years left to run (we took out a 5 year fixed deal last time round - silly move in hindsight)

Now Nationwide (our lender) advise that we do not have to pay the redemption figure as we move out of own house and into the new house on the same day.

However the lawyers are stating that due to "logistical" reasons we may well have to pay the redemption fee? (£5500 - :S ) I assume this is to do with coordinating payments and the time it takes to transfer funds?

At a bit of a loss as surely if the lawyers cant move quick enough to transfer the funds for our new house they will not let us in

We get the redemption fee back in about 3 weeks should we have to pay it but I would prefer not too. Would like a new TV and sofa
Colin

4th Mar 14 at 13:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can't see why that would be the case. Usually there happy to port the product if there's none or minimal gap between properties. Unfortunately 6 months isn't deemed a minimal gap and I had to pay the 3% penalty fee on mine when it sold.
John

4th Mar 14 at 13:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Funds are normally transferred to the solicitors holding account the day before which could be where this is coming from.

But in this case, it'll all be on one day because the funds are coming from sale of one house to buy the next house.

I'd go with what the mortgage company tell you here right enough, solicitors don't necessarily have a clue.

[Edited on 04-03-2014 by John]
stuartmitchell

4th Mar 14 at 14:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
Can't see why that would be the case. Usually there happy to port the product if there's none or minimal gap between properties. Unfortunately 6 months isn't deemed a minimal gap and I had to pay the 3% penalty fee on mine when it sold.

Sore one mate! if we do have to pay it we get it back but I dont trust them

John, thanks for the reply mate. Your right, with the funds all being transferred the same day. It's also the case that the lady that is moving into our house is moving out of her own house on the same day too and so the chain continues!!

Mortage broker says Nationwide will not charge us the fee either but we'll see
Ben G

4th Mar 14 at 15:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get it in writing from your mortgage provider and all will be fine.

Solicitors are useless and lazy.

New Poll